Can you chase away the darkness?

**Scarlett's POV**

"SISSY!"

I roll out of bed and run into my screaming sisters room. I sit on her bed and hold her tight.

"What's wrong babygirl?" I ask, sympathetically.

"I miss daddy!!" She cries. I hold back tears.

"Shh. It's okay honey. He's in a better place now." I assure her. I pick her up and carry her downstairs to the living room and sit her on the couch.

"Here. Watch cartoons  I'm going to fix breakfast. Okay?" I say quietly. She smiles as I walk upstairs to my depressed mother's room. I look around, and see nothing but rum bottles and tin foil everywhere. The room smells like straight alcohol and like something was on fire. I look at her, passed out on the floor. I gently kick her.

"Mom. Get up." I say quietly so Aubri doesn't hear me.

"GO AWAY YOU DUMB SLUT!" She yells. I look at her, and then hear little footsteps running up the steps. I turn around and see Aubri in the door way.

"What's wrong with mommy?" She asks, with tears in her eyes. I take a deep breath and pick her up off the floor and put her on the bed.

"Good job, mom. You let your 5 year old daughter see you passed out on the floor. You earn the greatest mother award." I say bluntly picking Aubri up and taking her back downstairs. This time, I sit beside her on the couch.

"Aubri, mommy is very sick. She misses daddy very much." I say very quietly. She sighs and turns to her baby doll. I go into the kitchen and start to cook eggs.

"Aubri, come eat sweetpea." I smile and put her plate at her seat. She smiles and starts eating. I stand at the sink when I hear my phone ring. I run upstairs to grab it.

"Hello?" I say, my best friend, Cassidy screams in my ear.

"Holy shit! Guess what I just got us!!" She yells. I laugh, and walk back downstairs.

"What, skank?" I laugh a little louder, and she gets herself together.

"PIERCE THE VEIL TICKETS BITCH FRONT ROW HELL YEAH FOR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!" She screams even louder.

"OH MY GOD NO SHIT!?" I yells. Aubri looks at me, and smiles at me.

"YES! IM COMING OVER!" She yells. I say okay and hang up.

"Who was that? Asks a voice in the doorway. I look at her.

"It was Cassidy. She got us concert tickets for tomorrow night and she's coming over." I say, looking at Aubri the whole time. Aubri loves Cassidy. Cassidy has been in her life since she was born. She's like another big sister.

"Just because you're 18, doesn't mean you get to go do whatever the fuck you want!" She yells at me. I stare at her, and stomp up the steps to my room. I look in the mirror, and see all the anger built inside of me. My black and purple hair flowing over my shoulders, my septum piercing and snake bites highlighting my face. I go to my dresser where a shiny piece of metal catches my eye. I reach for it, and sit on my bed. I put it to my wrist and slide it across. One time. Two times. Two cuts turn into 20. Twenty cuts turn into fourty. My arm is drenched in blood at this point. I gain back my control. I grab the towel from my floor and put pressure on my wounded arm. I walk to my closet and grab my favorite Of Mice And Men tank op and my purple acid wash skinny jeans and change clothes. I brush my hair and style it in my face how it always is, and put on my foundation, blush, eyeliner, and dark lipstick. I grab my black high op converses, my messenger bag, and my keys. I look down at my cut up wrist and arm and grab a jacket and some bracelets. I dart down the stairs into the kitchen, and go straight to Aubri.

"Aubri, go get dressed sweetheart." I whisper to her. She runs up the steps to her room. I watch my mother as she downs shots of vodka, one after another.

"What are you doing, mom?" I ask her. She walks over to me and gets in my face.

"It is none of your fucking business what the fuck I'm doing!" She screams at me. I push her out of my face.

"It IS my fucking business when my 5 year old sister is watching you drink your sorry life away. Did you forget that you have a daughter to take care of? I can't take care of her my whole life!" I yell. She pushes me back. Except way harder than I pushed her. I fall on the floor, right as Aubri is walking down the stairs. She starts to cry.

"Stop it mommy!" She yells at the top of her lungs. I grab Aubri and run out the door. I put her in the car, and drive to the nearest park. I get there, and let her out of the car. She hugs me, tells me she loves me, and runs over the playground. I sit on the nearest bench and call Cassidy.

"Cass?" I say quietly through tears.

"Scar, where are you? I'm at your house, and your car isn't here." she asks. I start bawling.

"I'm with Aubri at the park. Please come quick.." I cry hard.

"On my way baby girl."

**Cassidy's POV**

I pull up at the park, and see Aubri playing. I go up to her.

"Hey doll face. Where's Scar?" I ask her. She points to a bench.

"She's been crying. Mommy pushed her down and hurt her." She looks down at her babydoll.

I walk over to the crying Scarlett and sit down beside her and pull her close to me.

"Sh. It's okay, I'm right here." I say comforting. "What happened Scarlett?"

"Mom is such a fucking bitch! She downed a half a bottle of vodka right in front of Aubri and then decided to push me, and tell me what she's doing is none of my business. She also called me a dumb slut." she says, slowly calming down. I look at her, and wipe the tears from my eyes. Her mother has been a mother to me my whole life, when mine wasn't around. It hurts me seeing her do this to herself.

"Scar, I am so sorry. C'mon. Let's go get something to eat at the mall, and SHOP FOR THE CONCERT TOMORROW!" I yell trying to make her laugh. she smiled slightly.

"Let me take Aubri to my brother's and I'll meet you at the food court." She tells me. I nod and walk away. Aubri attacks me with a hug.

"Is sissy okay?" She asks me, hugging me tightly around my neck.

"Yes sweetie. Sissy is fine. She's taking you to your big bubba's house, okay?" She smiles and jumps down after giving me a kiss on the cheek. I watch her as she runs to Scarlett and jumps in her arms. I smile as a smile appears on her face. Her happiness comes from Aubri. I hope that never gets taken away from her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG HEY GUISE. So, this is my first time writing a fan fic. MUCH EXICTE OMG. Ummm, give me suggestions on what you want to see in this story! K. bYe skanks.