Chapter 1

*lauren above*

Lauren's pov

"Can you wait up please, my ankle is killing me?" Lucas asks as he tries to keep up with me. Looking back at him, I sighed and take a seat on a nearby tree stump. He walked up and sat down next to me. "Im sorry, you ok Lucas?"I said as I looked him in his bright blue eyes. "It's ok Lauren, I should be asking you that."He said to me. "Don't worry I'm fine." I told him while getting up and helping him up as I slung my older brothers crossbow over my shoulder. "Before we left your house after we had to you know, I grabbed these off your dresser. I knew you would want them." He said and I turned around and looked at him confused until I saw something shiny in his hand. He grabbed my brothers dog tags. I knew I forgot something when we left that house. "Thanks.." I mumbled with a smile. He gave me a side hug as we continued walking on.

My brother Ryan died a year before I joined the army

My brother Ryan died a year before I joined the army. He was k.i.a. While helping his lieutenant out of a burning car. My brother was one of the reasons why I wanted to join the army. The other reason was that I had to get out of that house.
I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even see Lucas push me behind a tree. I looked and saw about 2 dozen walkers. We each killed about 5 until more came. "LAUREN! Run I'll meet up with you further down just please don't get caught!" I looked at him with a tear in my eye as I nodded and ran the other direction. I ran nonstop and so did he.

-------------------------------

Lauren's outfit (just add two sets of dog tags with it)

5 months later

Walking down the highway with my brothers crossbow in my hand, I looked through every car to see what was salvageable. I heard a scream and everything went quiet. I raised my crossbow and cautiously walked between the cars. I walked until I saw a group of people. When they heard me coming, a man with a automatic shotgun and a scruffy man with a crossbow turn to me with their weapons raised. I just stood there with a straight face and my crossbow aimed at their heads not moving an inch.
   "Hey, hey, hey! Stop right there!" The man with the shotgun said coming toward the man with the crossbow while aiming his gun at me. I just ignored him and kept staring at both him and the crossbow guy with a glare on my face. "Woah woah, calm down hold on a second." Said some older man coming down off of an rv. "Just calm down there's no need for this. Shane and Daryl put down the guns." One of the guys shook their head. "Nah man, not till she does." The guy said with a strong southern accent. The older man looked at him and then to me with a pleading look. He had his hands up trying to calm everyone down. "Please miss. Just put it down so we can speak." He said politely. He reminded me of my grandfather. So I slowly nodded and lowered it with my eyes still on the guy with the crossbow.
   "Thank you." The old man said. "What's your name?" Said some blonde lady that looked to be in her mid thirties. "Lauren..." I said, well more like mumbled to them. The guy with the shotgun looked at me and noticed my dog tags. "You military?" I nodded my head slowly."I was." I said. Some Asian kid walked up "what part were you in?" I looked at him and quickly said "army." They all nodded their heads. I looked over and the crossbow guy was still looking at me with cold eyes. "What?" I asked him with a little bit of attitude. He just scoffed and walked away to a motorcycle that was between the rv and a car. "Don't mind him he's always like that with new people." Said some little boy with brown hair. "Carl! Get over here!" Said a tall woman with brown hair. I guess that's his mother. "So where you headed?" Said the Asian from before. "Not sure, just trying to find my friend." I said with a little attitude. I looked around and saw an older lady with salt and pepper colored hair crying by a guardrail and a few others looking into the woods. "What happened?" I asked the old man from before. "Walkers came by here. About a dozen or two. They came by and we hid. Thinking they were gone, a little girl that was with us, got spooked because they're were two still here so she ran into the woods with them behind her.Two of our men went to go find her." I nodded my head at the man as a guy in a sheriffs uniform came out of the woods. "She's not back yet?" He said talking about the little girl. Everybody shook their heads. He came over the guard rail and another guy came over it too. I looked at him and my mouth dropped.

"Lauren?" The guy said looking at me in shock

"Lauren?" The guy said looking at me in shock. "Lucas?" I said shocked. We ran to each other I jumped into his arms with tears running down my face.
   "I can't believe it's you!" Lucas said tearing up. "I know me too!" I said still hugging him with my arms wrapped around his waist. Now I totally regret acting like that to him before we got separated. "You guys know each other?" Said the girl with the little boy. "Yea Laurie, this is my best friend that I was looking for." Said Lucas. "Rick where is she?" The guy with the shotgun said to the guy In the sheriffs uniform. "I told her to come back here, she's not here?" They shook their heads. "Daryl, Glenn, Shane, and Lucas lets go im gonna need your help." Said the guy that I'm guessing is Rick. "I'll help too." I said in a mumble walking up to the guy. "Ok. What's your name by the way?" He said looking at me. "It's Lauren." He nodded and turned to everyone that was coming,"Alright guys, lets go."
-----------------
(A/n: I'm sorry if this is crappy. It's my first time writing a story and it just came off the top of my head. Please let me know if it's good and I should continue.
Thanks,
  Jessie)