Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

Sara's POV

I was waiting for my Uber, I was probably going to be late again if the ride didn't arrive in the next minute. Tegan told me today was an important day because we would choose a new stylist or something, I wasn't paying a lot of attention.

The car arrived and I quickly jumped in and told the driver, a 45 year old man, where I was headed.

In the car ride my thoughts were all over the place, I didn't know why I was so distracted lately. I mean, we were finishing a new album and promoting it. I needed to be focused more than ever, this was our 8th studio album.

Though I wondered why we were hiring a new stylist, I assumed that it was because we were changing our style. So I brushed the thought off.

We arrived at 09:02, crap, I was already two minutes late, Tegan was going to be pissed. So I ran up the stairs to her office, where we were having the meeting with the possible stylists. I knocked on the door

-Come in- Tegan shouted from the inside -you're late- she said, looking at her watch

-sorry, my uber wasn't on time- I looked around the room, Tegan was sitting at her desk chair. In front of her were 3 women and a man, who I assume were the applicants, and in the corner of the room was Rachel, our manager, sitting in a studio chair with some papers in her hand. They were all looking at me, so I decided to grab a chair and sit in between Tegan and Rachel. They handed me the resume of the stylists.

The first one was from a girl named Elizabeth, the second one from a guy named Samuel, the third one was from a girl named Julia, and the last one from a girl named Christina. I read over them and passed them back to Rachel whilst trying to remember the ones I liked the most.

Rachel told the applicants to introduce themselves, again. I felt so embarrassed for being late, even if it wasn't totally my fault.

The applicants stood up one by one and began saying their names and telling their important works. The only one that caught my attention was this girl, Christina. She had worked with Selena Gomez in several photoshoots, and with DNCE. Her work was minimalist and neutral, exactly what we were looking for in our style "rebranding". She showed us a portfolio with makeup looks and outfits styled by her, and told us that she also did most of the scenery in the photoshoots.

She seemed like a very focused and straightforward person, with a very soft personality, she looked relaxed and proud while showing her works. Trying to read her body language was hard.

When the applicants finished with the interviews, we asked them to wait a few days and we would call them if they'd made the cut.

-I think the strongest pretenders are Samuel and Christina, and although Samuel has impressive work with incredibly important artists, his style seems a bit too gaudy?- Tegan said looking at his portfolio, he had worked with artists like Beyonce and Miley Cyrus.

-I'll have to agree on that one T, I think Christina is exactly what we are looking for, you wanna look minimalist and simple but still wanna maintain that rockstar vibe of yours- said Rachel.

-I think they both fit the Tegan and Sara vibe in terms of this album's style, but we are going for something less flamboyant for the concerts. I agree on taking Christina in- Christina also had colorful artworks that could fit in the record's cover and the photoshoots.

After the meeting we all agreed to sleep on it, but I was almost certain that we would take Christina.

After we all left the office, Tegan and I decided to go for some coffee. So we stopped at a cafeteria, ordered a cake slice for me and a couple of lattes, then we sat in a table near the window. There wasn't a lot of people inside, maybe because it was too early. I looked at the walls, covered in artwork from different local artists. The place was pretty, maybe I would be coming back another day.