Chapter 1, part 1

It was dark in the forest. Dark and cold.

Andy rubbed his hands together to try and generate some heat, wishing he'd brought some gloves with him.

Beside him, Dave wiped his nose with the back of his gloved, and probably warm hands, sniffing as he did so. Andy stared at Dave's hands as they went back to pushing low hanging branches out of their way, as they traversed through the darkness.

He had a quick thought about pulling them off Dave's hands and shoving them onto his own, but that would most likely cause an argument, which would be the last thing they needed right now.

"Bastard," he mumbled into his scarf, dodging yet another wet branch which snapped back into his face after Dave had let go of it.
The man in question turned around. "What did you say?" He asked Andy, who was wiping some water off his face.
"I said we should go faster," he lied, becoming increasingly aware of how loud he sounded in the near silent forest around them.
"Why?"
Andy sighed, shaking his head in frustration. "So then we can get there sooner and have his over and done with!"

"Shut up!" Came the command from behind them.
Andy turned and saw Charlie walk up behind them, annoyance on his face as he shouldered his gun.
"We're not gonna find shit if you two don't shut your mouths!" Charlie hissed quietly, glaring at the pair of them through the darkness.
Andy clenched  his teeth and turned back around, striding past Dave to the front of the group, shouldering his own gun as he went.

The three of them had been out in this forest for days now. But this was the deepest they'd dared to go. Redbrook Park easily engulfed the Leither mountain range, stretching for miles in all directions, vast forest both beautiful and terrifying to be in.

Along with the scenic woods and hulking mountains, Redbrook Park was infamous for it's wildlife, specifically its wolves. Andy had heard rumours that the park held one of the largest wolf packs in North America, and that was the reason they were here.

Not for a late night hike through nature.

They were here to hunt.