A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

*Prologue*

I was sitting in the main lobby of the ballet studio, waiting for my ride. My Ipod was cranked up to full volume, so I didn't have to hear Miss. Draben yelling at the beginners the difference between third and fourth position.

They'll get the hang of it eventually.

Right then, even though my Ipod was on full blast, I heard my brother's car thumping and screeching into the parking lot.

Great, I have to deal with a vibrating car blaring rap music all the way home.

I stepped out into the bitter air of December. Shivering lightly, I zipped my heavy winter coat all the way up to my chin. I wanted to at least reserve some warmth.

Nate's red Pontiac pulled up and came to a screeching stop. I sighed to myself and climbed into the passenger seat. Nate looked at me, "Hey Lil Sis!" He yelled and rolled my eyes.

"TURN DOWN YOUR MUSIC!" Nate frowned and did so. Only did I then notice that his eyes were bloodshot. Which only ment one thing.

"Are you drunk?"

He hesitated. "No."

"I can't believe you've been driving drunk! You know that is illegal!"

I started to get back out, but Nate put the Pontiac in drive and rode off, slamming me back into my seat. My heart started to race. I honestly was scared for my life.

I looked over at the driver dash board. We were going at least 90. "Nate slow down. Please." I said, but my voice came out no louder than a whisper.

Next thing I know, I hear sirens. I looked into the rearview mirror. Behind us was a partol car. Nate noticed as well and started to speed up.

"NATE!" He looked at me. "Shut up Z-"

Not even a second later, the Pontiac was spinning out of control. All I could hear was the tires screeching and my screams. I didn't see where we were going but all I remember was a crunching sound and a sharp pain in my legs. And blood, so much blood. Then everything went black.

I didn't know how long I was out. But I woke up to more sirens. My left eye refused to open, and I could barely open my right beause of the blinding light. Then voices were everywhere, yelling, calming.

Once my eyes adjusted to my surroundings, I realised I was upside down, and I couldn't feeling my legs. I looked over at Nate, who had his eyes closed, blood seeping from his mouth.

I heard a noise by my door and I tried to turn my head. I couldn't. A sharp pain ripped down my spine. Then a voice rang into my ears. "She's conscious! Not sure about the driver." I tried to say something but the voice hushed me. "Don't try to talk honey. We'll get you out of here."

I heard yet another crunching noise and I was being lifted from my seat. Right when I was being set down on a stretcher, I watched the fireman pull out my older brother. They laid him onto a stretcher, and a Parimedic checked his vital signs. All I saw was the guy shaking his head.

Nate was dead.

I started to sob. I tried moving my legs, but they refused to move. A young woman, who was checking me, looked down at my legs. She put a hand over her mouth. Then, she looked at me. "Sweetie. You can't move your legs. They're completely broken."

That's when I started to scream.