The Beginning

People always say that their life flashes before their eyes when they think they're going to die. For me, that wasn't quite so true. My whole life, I thought I was average, I thought I was normal. Ordinary. Then High School came around and everything changed. I wasn't ordinary, I wasn't normal, I wasn't average. I was just.. fat. Now, I never thought I was overweight, in fact, I was pretty sure that I was at a healthy weight.

   It was an average day at school and I was on my way to 7th period, the last class of the day. Although it was AP Calculus, so also the worst class of the day. Anyway, I was almost to my class, just one hallway and then a right turn. All of the sudden, I felt like I was falling. No, I WAS falling. The side of my face hit the floor just as some boys started laughing like there was no tomorrow.
     "Nice job, pig!" One of the boys snorted as I stood back up.
     "Excuse me?" I replied with a bit of agitation in my voice.
     "I said, 'nice job, PIG'," the same kid repeated but slowly, as if I was a kindergartener.
     "I heard you the first time, but why did you call me 'pig'?" I said trying to keep the anger out of my voice.
     "Because you're fat," another guy answered, another fit of laughter taking over his body.
     I glared at him and walked the rest of the way to class. I kept telling myself to forget about them. I'm not fat, they're just jerks. Screw them. In the back of my mind though, their words hung around. They kept trying to make me believe them, and finally, I just let them.