The Unwanted Guest

*Before reading: There might be a slight problem with my grammar so please do understand. Thanks!

Chapter One

The Unwanted Guest

Looking to the mirror of my room, I caught myself smiling. I looked back to my wallet. In it was a ten dollar bill and a Lonnie stuck in its hidden pocket. And a girl, wearing white - stripe and a straw hat, sitting on the ground, looking from her back to the camera. She was gorgeous. And after 3 months and is about 4 months now, I finally smiled again.

Before, it wasn’t her. A year ago, I went to a place far from my hometown and stayed there for good. It was actually a nice place and has very unpredictable weather I’ll say. But overall, I liked it. I had girlfriend back from my hometown. She was wonderful I’ll say. She has a short hair, cute smile, has an average height of a seventeen year - old woman, and, she’s chubby too. Not fat, chubby.

From my hometown, we will always have the time to talk even when we’re at our places, and it all changed. A sudden kick from reality bust me out of that fantasy. It was a misery. We fought and fought and fought over and over again, over everything, even the simplest problem that we could’ve just solve immediately. Until I got tired. I did not let her go, not just yet. Instead I let us drift apart. He found someone else. She didn’t want me to know about them. Well actually, there’s nothing special between them. It’s just - It’s just, she likes him, that’s all.

I got enrolled to Dominic Advance Academy from the new place I moved in. It was my first day at that school. New school, new friends, new life. And yes, me and her was still together at that point, far from each other though. So, I was walking at the hallway, went down from a three steps stair and on its right is the school’s guidance office. I walked straight then turned left. A lot of new student, was too, is their first day.

“I am not alone”, I said softly.

I entered the cafeteria which is only in front of the school’s gym. I took a glance at the bulletin board and saw my name. Josh Patrick Gabel, printed out in about three - fourth of the paper that is posted.

Beside me was also a new student, standing, looking at the bulletin board. She’s thin, has a long hair and about my chest. She was lost, I assumed.

“Pretty cool huh?”, I said while looking at the bulletin board, “I mean the school”.

She didn’t reply nor took a glance at me. She probably thought that I’m talking to someone else. I was desperate to have a friend on my first day, or just an acquaintance perhaps, since it’s a new school I need to find someone to talk to, and so, I spoke again directly to her now.

“Are you looking for your room?”

“Yeah”, she replied

I looked at mine and said that my first period class was at the gym. Fortunately, I don’t need to walk around the school to look for it because it was just right across the hall.

“”Josh”, I said loudly, the murmurs of the other students behind us beaten my voice as they greet each other from the summer.

“Patience”, she replied.

“What a cool name”