Through Rose-Coloured Lenses

"He was dressed in this blue striped dress shirt with his sleeves pushed back. On his legs were tan-coloured shorts. But what really caught my eye was his stare. His stare was so calm and calculating, as if analyzing each and every fibre of my body. It sent chills down my spine, I didn't know what to do. What could I have done?

I should run, yes I should run, I thought, as I was about to move, he grabbed my arms tightly.

"Please model for me.""

*****

"What's wrong, Auntie?" you asked me, your dark brown hair tied back in pigtails.

"Huh? Oh, sorry I was just...thinking," I sighed, flattening out my skirt.

"About what?"

"...O-Oh nothing, sweetheart, I'll continue.."

*****

"The long flowing white dress draped down to my matching white heels. I was already pretty tall at 5'9" (one of my embarrassing secrets at the time, but I guess I don't mind telling you) and my hair was really long and wavy. Just like yours, I didn't exactly like my hair at that age because it was so hard to manage.

But never mind about that, so you see, I was standing in this big white backdrop and there were these breath-taking white lilies on the ground and just...so gorgeous.

"Mhmm just like that, wait no stretch your arm a bit more," he instructed, leveling up the camera just right. I didn't even know this man's name and yet I had gone along with him, kind of stupid now that I think about it.

I stretched my arm just as he said, "U-Umm like this?"

He nodded and snapped a picture, the clicking almost sent me jumping but it was a nice sound.

"Hmm, now sit in the flowers and stare straight at me, just the tiniest pout."

The heels were hard to move in but I tried my best. I stared at him a little confused but I let a bit of my lower lip loose.

He didn't tell me anything else to do so I looked over to my side at the flowers, a bit guilty since I wasn't being much of a model.

The snapping sound clicked, he liked it.

So I tried again, bringing my knees up to my chest and staring at the camera. He didn't click.

I frowned but I wouldn't lose before this started, I grabbed a lily a held it to my face, enjoying the gentle, yet pure fragrance. Click. Good, this was good.

My hands cupped a bundle of the flowers and I tried again, no click. I threw them all in the air and twirled, letting the skirt of my dress flutter around me. Click.

Soon enough I was doing a bunch of random poses and I snuck a smile in here and there, despite being my shy, stubborn self, this was almost kind of fun. By the time his alarm beeped, we had taken who knows how many pictures!

He grinned at me, this time I got to analyze every fibre of his body. He was surprisingly handsome, a bit of stubble on his face and he had shaggy dark brown hair that almost made a slight curtain over his gleaming green eyes. They were mesmerizing, like I'd seen them before.

"Oh, that's our time. Your parents are probably worried about you, it's almost 6," he smiled, beginning to put his camera and equipment in a case.

I stared, a mix of disappointment and worry, "But...but..w-what's your name?"

He looked up from his packing and I swear there was a twinkle in his eye, "Orion, what's yours?"

"...Diana."