Daring Do and the Quest For the Sapphire Stone

As Daring Do trekked through the tropical jungle, the wet heat sapped her energy, and slowed her every step. If only she could escape this oppressive atmosphere, and fly up into the cool, blue sky. But, her crash landing in the jungle had injured her wing, and she was grounded for a few days. Few days. It might as well be a few months. Or a few years.

The mosquitos buzzed loudly. The macaws cried from the high trees. Yet, those distracting noises were not enough, to cover the sound of the predators following her every step. Daring Do turned around to see a tiger growling at her. It gnashed and she jumped aside, avoiding its sharp teeth. She jumped over the log she was behind, and teased the lion, until she turned around to see a black panther creeping forward.

It roared loudly, causing Daring Do to fall into fear, looking around to see a mountain cat to her left, a jaguar to her right, and right behind her, there was a small kitten, which bared its teeth in attempt to frighten Daring. Daring Do mapped out her escape plan and flew swiftly over the small cat, landing near a grove of tall trees.

The other predators trampled the kitten in attempt to chase Daring Do off, or at least capture her. Daring Do was fast, though. She swiftly darted through the jungle avoiding the trees in her path. The predators were close behind, the kitten clinging onto the panther for dear life. Daring Do suddenly stopped. She was on a cliff edge, with no way over. She looked back, and the predators were growling and baring their teeth.

Daring Do looked above the cliff. Not far from where she was standing, there was a vine that she could hold onto and swing across to safety. She leaped, and grabbed on tightly.

(So, how did you like the first chapter? comment.)