The Bridge: Life or Death

“Here I am again,” I sighed. “At the cliff one last time.” It was a cliff inside the boundaries of England, the year is 1912, I am fifteen years of age. I jumped off the cliff hoping to be dead but ‘he’ caught me. This man never giving me his name or any real information the only thing he told me about was his deal. But let me take you back and tell you the whole story from the beginning. My Name is Darren, Darren Patterson four months ago this happened when my uncle, cousin, and my sick aunt came over...

    My Aunt Lidia, my cousin Christopher, Chris for short, my uncle Baylor, my mother Matilda and my father Leonel were all sharing the same small house for this time, my Aunt Lidia was sick, though no one would tell me how old she was so I didn't have a clue how bad it could be. My mother and my aunt were very close so when my mother heard that her sister was very sick and no one thought twice about why she invited them right away. So when they got here I greeted them and helped Chris with there bags. “Hows that bloody back of yours Chris?” I taunted; he had fallen off of a high tree when we were younger and neither of us would let go of the moment. “Horrible so why don’t you take these bags for me Darren” Chris joked.

     We all went into the dining room and had a mid evening mea of pot roast. Mother told Chris and I to go and get Aunt Lidia’s medicine from the drug store. As we went Chris and I got caught up in our life stories and when we got there, it was closed so we went to the diner and played pool for a while fought over who was the oldest even though we both knew we were born on the same day. We think its a miracle, our mothers say its chaos.

    When we got back to the drug store it was open so we went and got Aunt Lidia’s medicine and some candies for ourselves. When we left we saw something astounding, a man dressed in dark robes was talking to a child, about our age. They seemed to agree on something because the man in robes gave the child a bag, and he coughed down the items in it an passed out and just laid there, and in all the excitement when we looked up the man we gone...

   On the way home we disscussed the man, who we now realized was very tall, we had thought he may have been dealing some strong tobacco. But, overall we didn't have a clue. When we got home we looked for our families, so we could tell them, but no one was there. We looked and looked and couldn't find anyone untill Chris found a note, "Darren... come here now..." 

*****************************************************************************************Sorry guys, (anyone who actually reads my stuff xD) my editing is going to take a while because I messed up on creating the story, so update will be delayed for a long period of time.                                    ~MrP