Soul mates

Hi. My name is Jack. I'm tall, skinny, blonde hair. My left eye is green and my right is blue. I'm 13 years old in 7th grade at Williamsburg middle school in Orlando Florida. I just moved here from New York City so I don't know anybody. When we got here, my necklace was still colder, but warmer than usual. Oh yeah I forgot to mention everyone's necklaces. Every person has their own unique symbol on a necklace. The thing is, everyone only has half of their symbol. The other half is with their soulmate. Their 'meant-to-be.' If your close to your soulmate, the symbol gets hotter the closer you get to them. Far away, it's ice cold. When they finally find their soulmate and put the necklace together, it's stuck forever. I've tried prying apart my parents necklaces, but they wouldn't budge. Since mine was a little warmer here, I started to get excited.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm probably going to be the only one who doesn't know anyone here. I'm planning on trying to make friends, but like usual, I'm probably just going to end up being the nobody who has no friends. My dad is a business man so we travel a lot. Every year I'm at a different school. My mom died in a car crash when I was 8. Even though my dad is a single dad, the necklaces are still together and he can't get remarried. I'm happy about that. I don't want another mom. It would be weird. It wouldn't be the same. My mom was awesome. She could bake, sing, and was the best mom ever. That's normally how families are. Since the parents are soul mates, their kids are what they call perfect. I hope my family is perfect. I could end up meeting my wife on my first day of 7th grade.

******

*beep beep beep beep beep*

"God shut up!!" I yelled as I slammed my fist onto the snooze button. "I don't wanna get up. I want to stay home and go to the beach." I said, even though I really wanted to go to school to see what was happening with my necklace. I got up and took a quick 5 minute shower, got dressed and went downstairs to get some breakfast. My dad was already awake, as usual, reading the paper drinking his coffee. "Morning jack" "morning dad." I poured myself a glass of orange juice and stuck a pop tart in the toaster. "Excited about your first day?" Asked my dad. "yeah." I said. "I'm eager to see if my necklace gets warm at all." My pop tart popped out of the toaster. I took a bite and burnt my tongue. 'God' I thought to myself. 'Already making a fool out of myself. Better get it together before school or I'll end up being the class clown.'

*****

The school is giant.

Twice the size of my school last year and three times neater. But I can't pay attention to that. I keep getting distracted by something that feels like heartburn. And I automatically know what it is. My necklace. My black half of the yin-yang felt like fire. 'Shes here. I have to find her.' This district was different than the others I've been to. Instead of them mailing you your schedule or room number, you have to go to the office to get it. When I got their, it was packed. I had to wait in a line that led halfway down the hall. Long wait. While I was standing in line, I saw an angel walk out of the office. I didn't want to be a stalker pervert guy, but I immediately looked at her chest. Just to see her necklace of course. I totally didn't acknowledge her breasts in my mind. Obviously. 'Where is it?' I think to my self. Her necklace isn't there. Everyone wears their necklace, especially on the first day of school. 'Why isn't she wearing it.' She must notice me staring because she looks at me, smiles, waves, and turns to walk away. 'There,' I think to myself. I saw a chain on the back of her neck. Some people wore their necklace inside their shirt so no one knows their symbol. That's what I do. I have to take it off its so hot. 'She is the one.' I think. 'But it could be anyone. Theirs a million people right here and half of them are girls.' The search is on.

A/N

Hey guys. So I know this book is a little stupid and girly but the idea came from something that I saw and insisted I write it so I am. That gave me the necklace thing idea and my friend helped me some details. So don't judge pls. And my minecraft book, I'm working on it and I also have another book I'm starting called I'm not dead so yeah peace ✌️