The Car

Preston quietly hurried along with Max in the dark house. Preston was sleeping over, and it took a hell of a lot of bargaining with his parents for it to happen. They were very careful with their footsteps, not wanting to wake Max's parents up. The two were heading towards the garage. Max had the bright idea to sleep in the car, because it'd be much less boring than it normally would be in his bland, dull room. Preston, despite being a little hesitant about the idea, obliged. He didn't want to make Max upset by rejecting his proposal. Besides, maybe it'd be a fun thing to do? He wasn't sure, but Max certainly was.

     Max was holding some snacks and a small laptop-type of DVD player. You could put a disc in on the side, and the movie would show up on the screen. He wasn't planning on just going to sleep in the car, anyways. He wasn't the type to just close his eyes and pass out. He needed something to make him doze off. Max opened up the car door once they arrived in the garage, and put all the stuff on the seats. He clicked a button, which made the seats fall on to the floor of the car. Now they had lots of space. Max turned around to face the theatre kid.

     "Well? You gonna get in or just stand there?" Max spoke. Preston jumped at Max's voice, due to them both being silent for a little bit. "O-oh! U-uhm, Yes. Yes, I will do that." Preston shyly rubbed his own arm, his face getting a little red from embarrassment. He felt like a scaredy cat for jumping from Max's voice. He stepped into the vehicle, and sat down on the seats. Max propped up the DVD player, and popped in a stupid romance movie that Preston brought to watch. "O-oh, uh-- Max, I really think you'll like this movie!" Preston beamed with happiness. "I-its about a werewolf and a vampire who are in a love triangle with a girl." Preston chuckled, and rubbed his own head. "W-well, that kind of sounds stupid now that I think about it, but its really good!" Preston cheered. Max rolled his eyes, a bit of blush rushing to his cheeks. He didn't like it when Preston was cheerful, mostly because it made him want to smile. The other reason was that it was making him want to hug the hell out of the kid.

     After the movie was over, Preston had a large smile on his face, staring at Max. "Well?! What did you think???" Preston eagerly said, bouncing a little as he said it. Max hated it. Absolutely despised the movie. He looked at Preston, and spoke. "It was garbage. Why would you think I'd ever like that?" Max sneered. Preston's smile fell, and his starry eyes faded away. He went from happy to crushed in about 2 seconds. He didn't say anything, and looked down, his back slouching. "...Oh." He murmured. If he didn't like it, he could have just said so. He didn't have to say that last part about thinking Max would like it. It felt like his heart broke, but he tried to say, "It's okay." However it only came out as a whimper. Max looked confused. "Why are you getting so upset over a stupid romance movie?" He snapped at Preston. He didn't like it when people cried for little to no reason.

     "It wasn't about t-that..." He sniffled. "I-i'm s-s-s... s-s-sorry I thought you'd l-like it..." He was on the verge of tears nearly. He was so excited to show it to Max, and his happiness was shot down. He didn't care about the movie- it was Max's words that stung. Max thought for a moment about what he said, and quickly realized how rude it sounded. "No, wait, Preston- I didn't mean for it to sound that way." Max hated apologizing, so he didn't. At least, for the moment. Preston nodded. "I-i know, Max. It just.. S-still h-hurt.." He whimpered, wiping the tears off his face with his sleeve. Max groaned in annoyance. "God, why is everyone so goddamn sensitive? It was just a sentence, you idiot! Get over it!" Max was shouting at the boy now, without really realizing what effect it was having on him. Preston hiccupped, and scooted away from him. "I-im sorry-- I-i just.." Preston began his sentence, but didn't finish.

     He couldn't tell Max that he cared about him romantically. Max would just... call him gay, and spit insults at him until the sun rose. Or, it at least felt that way. "You just WHAT? Finish the sentences you start, idiot!" Max continued to yell. Preston snapped. "I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS NIGHT, OKAY?" He sobbed, and looked at Max with tears in his eyes. "I WANTED TO SPEND MY NIGHT WITH YOU BY WATCHING A MOVIE AND EATING JUNK FOOD WHILE SHARING STORIES AND--!" Preston looked like he was about ready to lose it. "AND NOW MY PLAN IS RUINED!" He shouted, wiping his tears as they poured down his face.

     Max's eyes were widened the entire time Preston yelled, and it multiplied at his last sentence. "W-..W-what plan, Preston..?" Max sounded quiet, and serious at the same time. Preston went silent- excluding his sobs- for a moment, realizing what he said. "I-i.. m-my.. Plan. I-i had a plan." Preston admitted. "It... This sleepover was supposed to- I.. I was going to..." He stammered, as Max was patient with him for once. "I was going to confess s-s-something to you." Max's eyes widened again. His mind was racing as his face flushed. "W-what?" Max murmured.

     "I-i.. I h-have a crush on you, goddamnit!" Preston snapped, tears continuing to flow down his face. Max's face went full red. He began to sweat. "Y-you.. You WHAT?!" Max screamed. Preston grabbed Max's hand, pulling him closer. "I FUCKING LOVE YOU MAX!" Preston shouted. Max was shocked, and it felt like his body was paralyzed. He couldn't move at all as Preston continued. "I have for a long, LONG, time now!" Preston looked more upset than sad now. He was barely stammering. "I've thought about kissing you countless times, hugging you and spinning you around and being able to say that you were mine and mine alone- G-giving you flowers and gifts, talking to you about so many relationship things and--!!!" Preston was bright red. "Fuck it, I LOVE YOU!" Preston was in Max's face, the indian boy underneathe him completely shocked.

     Preston hesitated for a moment, but he was interrupted by Max kissing the boy on his lips. Both their faces went bright red, as they kissed each-other in the back of the car. Preston was shocked that Max made the first move. He kissed the boy back passionately, Preston's tears drying and Max's anxiety fading. Preston pulled away from the kiss, breathing heavily as the two locked eyes. "M-max..." He softly murmured, before Max pinned him on the seats. "S-shut up, or I-i'll change my mind." Preston nodded, and huffed heavily. Max continued to kiss Preston, their tongues meeting. Max's mind was swimming, as well as Preston's. Max's soft hands touched around Preston's arms, trailing them down to the theatre boy's pajama shirt collar. Max roughly tugged on it, as he sat on Preston's lap. The two kissed for several minutes, before Max pulled away and spoke to him, breathing heavily. "L-let's go to bed before we get too carried away, yeah?" He panted. Preston was extremely red now, wondering what he meant by that. He responded with a nod, and the two curled up in the car. Max reached up, and held Preston's hand as the two of them dozed off.