Meet rapunzle

"One...final...touch" I gasped as I finished my painting, my long golden hair always getting in the way. To me, there was always one final touch. But what can you expect from a teenage girl stuck inside as a High School homeschooler. I had nothing to do. You might say "what about the library?" I have read every book there. "What about school?" Can't go. My mother is... Picky. All I want is to be free. Like, go to public school or something! I want is to walk in the halls with people! Real people! Not just chameleons.

Picture this:

A popular girl (me) walks through the halls, her long hair straight and perfect and absolutely no paint on her shirt!

Gosh if only that were real.

I realized that, in that thought, I had made my way to the window. I sighed and looked out. Suddenly something caught my eye. Was that a... Ballon? Yes I was just a confused as you are. I started to follow the ballon with my eyes, pushing my hair out of my face for a better look. Then out of nowhere a huge swarm of balloons begin to float in the bright blue sky, there colors so vibrant. I wanted to reach for my phone for a picture but I was so mesmerized by them that I completely froze.

Where could they be coming from, I asked in my head. After what seemed like a second, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.

"Rapunzle" my mom said "What ever are you doing?"

I wasn't quite sure how to respond.

"I-I was just looking at all the balloons in the sky." I whispered, glancing outside.

"Please don't mumble Rapunzle!" She said quickly. I looked up at her. She towered over me, her thin figure like a tall tree.

"I was looking at the balloons outside. They were floating around and I can't figure out why. Could I go see where they are coming from? I won't be long."

She frowned and started to walk away when she stopped in her tracks. Turning her head slightly, she glanced at me. "Rapunzle, the world out there is a huge mess. To be in the safe side, I think we should stay in." Then she continued walking out of the room.

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to go so bad but didn't have the courage to say anything. I spent the rest of the time just watching the sky for another glimpse of the balloons.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Rapunzle!"mom called from the kitchen. I jumped up from the couch and raced to the kitchen to see what was going on. When I saw her, I stopped running and caught my breath.

"Yes mother?" I asked patiently and out of breath.

"I will be on a trip for a week. Knowing how responsible you are, I trust that you could stay home by yourself. Are you ok with that?"

Ok? Ok?! I was better than ok! I would get to be alone for once! How cool would that be! "That sounds ok" I said calmly.

"Good. I leave at 5 tonight. I bought enough food for the week. Call the neighbors if there is any trouble." She smiled and continued packing. As for me, I walked out of the room and started dancing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was 10 minutes to 5. Mom always likes to get ready early. I sat on the chair next to the door. When she finally came out, I smiled and went up to hug her.

"You look great" I said, holding her hands.

"Thank you dear." We stood for the longest time just looking at each other and smiling. I never wanted the moment to end, but it did when the taxi driver honked for a minute straight.

"Well he is a little excited!" She said, chuckling. I laughed and looked up at her.

"Have a great trip. Be sure to call ok."

She smiled and hugged me one last time "I love you"

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

Then she was off. I watched as the Taxi drove off and took my mom with it, my first real taste if freedom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I want your opinion: how was it so far? Should I continue with the story or not? It was really fun to make! I hope you enjoyed it! ~S