Destroying Eternity

Hey guys this is my first story! I've been wanting to write one like this for a really long time so I hope you enjoy! Please comment as I would love your suggestions and such =) I love criticism as long as you mean for it to be helpful not hurtful!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ P R O L O G U E ~~~~~~~~~

"Mom!" I yelled desperately, clawing my way through the crowds of people. 

It was hard to see because it was nighttime, and it left us at a huge disadvantage. The vampires had chosen to strike tonight. They were tired of us killing their "species". We had expected them to strike, but not now, not this soon.

"MOM!" I yelled again, feeling my throat protest in agony. I didn't care though and yelled for her again, louder.

She was supposed to have been at  the dock. We were supposed to have left today! Freedom had been at the tip of our fingertips, but it had been taken away from us like it had been so many other times.

A sword cut at my waist, and I yelled in pain. It started to burn; it was coated in venom, I realized.

I looked around me to see the attacker but there were just so many people fighting that it was hard to tell.

A pair of red eyes caught my attention from far away. The girl smiled devilishly at me, her teeth as pointy as the tip of a needle and them, as well as her face, covered in blood.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could, hoping that  the crowd of people would hide me.

"Julie!" I heard someone yell. I stopped. "Mom?" I said just as loud, looking around hopelessly. "Julie!!!" The voice said exasperatedly. "MOM!" I yelled, chasing the sound.

"MO-" Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me down, I tried to yell but their hand went over my mouth. "Don't yell Julie, it's me."

I felt a strong sense of relief. She let go of me.

"Mom." I said, blinking away the tears and looking at her. I hugged her tightly.

"I thought you were-"

"Well I'm not honey, don't worry. Come on, we need to go."

I knew better than to ask any questions as that would take precious time we didn't have. 

I followed my mom as she ran to some sort of underground lair. It smelled of humidity and... death.

We arrived into this little stone covered room. My mom closed the wooden door behind us, locking it many times and then placing a wooden plank across it. When she finished she hugged me tightly again, then pulled away and put my face in her hands."Oh Julie, my child. Are you alright?"

It was then that  I remembered the cut. I lifted up my shirt and saw the huge gash, the blood was flowing heavily. I suddenly felt light headed and my mom sat me down. 

It felt like fire.

"Oh no...." My mom said, looking at it worriedly.

"And I don't have my pack, I lost it while I was running. I could be healing it right now.." There was a huge thud, and then some sort of crash. We froze, staring at the wooden door. 

The sounds were getting louder, and the floor beneath us was starting to shake.

I looked at my mom.

"I love you Julie, don't you ever forget that." She said, clutching both of my hands in hers and looking at me like this was it, this was the end.

"No...no! This can't be the end." I half-whispered half-screamed. Tears were starting to fall.

My mom blinked several times, her eyes watering.

But she would not cry. She refused to cry. She said it showed weakness.

I stared at her. Her hair was long and beautiful; a deep red auburn (though in a ponytail right now). Her eyes were bright green and they were the only thing that ever told me how she really felt. They didn't mask the truth. They were the window to her soul.

Her skin was usually as white as the snow itself, but now it was covered in dirt. And there were also splotches of blood here and there.

My mom took off her ring, and then put it on my finger.

I wiped off my tears with the back of my hand and gave her my ring.

"Remember me." We both said.

The sounds grew deafeningly loud and suddenly the door burst open. 

"Why Marie," The lead vampire said, grinning from ear to ear. His eyes were ablaze with lust and power from his kills. 

"We meet again."

Then he lunged at her, and the other vampires behind him lunged too.

And I passed out.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that was the prologue , in a way =P 

So yeah. Promise there's more to come. I was going to start a little before the attack but then I was like, NAH! This would be more interesting. However if you guys think otherwise I could deffinatly change it. On the other hand, why not just go on with the story, yes?