Tribal Warnings

######################

Status: Finished.

*/ Tribal Warnings */

# A simple story about how bad disease was hundreds of years ago #

##########################################################

Samantha was roused from her sleep by the sound of commotion outside. Rubbing her eyes, yawning and putting her leather sandals on she moved into the shopfront that was part of her own house.

Samantha Ren was an 6 foot tall 18 year old girl, with brown eyes and black hair. Her arms were muscular and flexible, from years of carrying around wares. There was also a long line, running down her arm, showing that she had been in battle.

As she entered, she opened the window and saw that there were over 50 people waiting outside. Strange, she thought, there were never as many people as this usually!

Fearing bad news, she shouted out through the window.

"What has happened?"

A young man replied:

"Disease, girl. Disease has happened. It has spread from the Yeya Tribe to the west. It makes you have spots all over your skin, and makes you as hot as the depths of hell!"

"Nobody has survived."

That's why there's so many, she thought. They all want to get out of here, and survive.

Although she wanted to, Samantha realized that she couldn't leave. She hadn't paid the men across the eastern border, the Ioa Tribe, and without doing so, she would be killed on entry.

I'm a survivor, I'll get though this. Like I got through the wars, and like I got through everyone I loved dying.

Suddenly a man called out,

"Run! Run! They're coming, the sicknesse is coming for you!"

It was true. A man and a woman, both obviously dying of the disease, were running toward them, deliriously.

Realising that she WASN'T going to open her shop for ANYONE, she closed the window.

Then, running to her room, she grabbed her leather armor and jumped into it. Then, for extra protection, she stood in front of her altar and prayed to her ancestors for protection.

Hearing a knock upon her door, and two rusty voice saying, "Please... Help.... Water....", encouraged her to move.

She took the back exit and ran, for her life.