1. Why Not?

Baby us in the future, is something I can't see

Your action and your words just don't add up to me

I think all them girls on your phone agree

Boys these days try to be sly, but if they just tell the truth

There would be nothing to hide

Girls these days just let it slide, it seems like they do anything to keep a guy

Don't you miss the old days when nothing will get by...

Wait, this doesn't make any sense. And who am I talking about, I never dated anyone or was never talking to anybody. All I'm doing just saying stuff with no emotion. I can't rap about something I never experienced. Disappointed, I just added my thoughts to Pages on my phone. I mean I can use this in this future. I know I can do better than that though.

"Nicole, what are you doing? You are going to be late for school", my mother yelled in the hallway.

Oh crap. I grabbed my headphones and my purse. Where is my book bag? Probably downstairs. "I'm going", I yelled back walking out of my room. I was basically running down the steps.

When I made it downstairs, I grabbed my book bag off the recliner. I ran to door. I'm almost slipped. Why? Because I'm running in socks! I run to the garage door. I look at the shoe rack. I'm gazing through my shoes to see what matches my outfit.

My red Nike's catches my attention. I quickly grabbed it and put them on my feet, but not all the way. I'm running to the front door with my heels hanging out my shoes. I'll just put them on at bus stop, like I usually do.

I exited my house and ran to the bus stop. I couldn't run that fast or my heavy book bag was gonna make me fall. And the concrete don't play, I would know.

I successfully made it to the bus stop. I was breathing so hard, I was close to wheezing. I hate having asthma. I look down at my shoes and realized I still didn't have them on all the way. I put my book bag down and fixed my shoes.

"Oh look who isn't running to the bus stop", someone said. I quickly jumped up to see who it was. "Oh you scared me to death!" I exclaimed holding my chest. It was just my neighbor, he has an older brother, but he graduated last year. He looked at me confused. "You are the girl, who lives in the cul-de-sac, right?", He asked. Do I really look that different? "Yes, this year I got contacts", I explained. "That make sense". I nodded my head. Is he do-

"So what's your name again?" he asked. I'm not offended he didn't know my name cause I don't know his. "Nicole", I answered. "What grade are you in this year?" More questions, huh? "Sophomore", I said kind of ignored. Is he done talking or...?

"Are you gonna be in dance this year?" he asked. "Umm, how did you know I was in dance?" I asked kind of creeped out. "Weren't you in the pep rally last year?" the boy said. "Oh I was", I said trailing off. He got saved. "And yes I am".

Then it was just silence....

Let me put my headphones on before he start talking again. I started scrambling in my purse looking for my headphones. I finally put my earbuds in my head and listen to Avenue by H.E.R. In my satisfaction, I look at my phone to see what song was coming on next: nvrdie by Deetranada. I turned the volume all they way up. The song starts...

Real hittas never die, they only multiply.

Stay up in that cell, and fit stereotypes.

And finally realized, that I'm never gon die.

We can never die, we can never die.