Going Down In Flames

New York had been reduced to ruins the moment the Chitauri had come through the portal. Loki had the entire world under his thumb, the avengers were defeated and taken god knows where, the very last strand of hope was kept with the Resistance, a team of fighters and believers who refused to give up, even when the odds were hurled towards them, they were determined to give their all into saving the human race from subjugation. From Loki.

Ella just so happened to be the founder and leader of this group, her courage and bravery aided her greatly with her full time duty, there were no cowards fighting for freedom, they were the first to kneel. But not her, she refused to, she never would. She'd be damned if she stood face to face with the tyrant, she would simply stand, knees locked, glaring at him. Nothing could crush her hatred towards the self proclaimed 'king'.

She was not fearless. She'd be a fool not to fear things, to fear Loki, in particular. He was an unstable man and could be triggered by the simplest of things, or at least she had heard. He was unpredictable.

During Ella's previous visit to library, or what was left of it, she picked up a few Norse Mythology books and began reading about him, she knew that many of the things written about him were, in fact, false but she was going to take what she could get. What she did find out was that Loki was the god of mischief, lies and deceit, which did explain why he was dangerously good at concealing his real emotions. She shunned all other information, since it would have been impossible to tell what was true without the help of his brother, Thor, who was locked away as well, at the complete and utter mercy of that monster.

----:::----

Ella ran through the demolished streets, careful not to be seen by any of the hostile forces, whether that be the barbarian creatures or the damaged being himself.

She and the other resistance fighters had very little time to get out of there before news of this event aired on screens across the world. She was sure once the bomb they had planted in one of their enemies' vaults had gone off, the 'king' would be enraged. She tried to convince herself that it was necessary, that it was so they would loss a great amount of weapons in the explosion but the publicity was something she did not want. She was certain Loki was acutely aware of the Resistance but he wouldn't be for long, she could practically hear the ticking in her head as the explosive prepared to detonate.

Time seemed to stand still as they ran through the rubble that had been thrown onto the ground during the events of New York several months ago, no one bothered to clean it up.

Just as she began to question if it had even been activated a large explosion appeared not far behind them, propelling them forward slightly but not enough to knock them off their feet. Some stumbled, some did not, but those who did quickly caught their footing as the clock ticked on, pushing them to continue.

This was where things became difficult, she was going to need to shout commands to the others before they were completely cornered. They were at huge disadvantage. The Chitauri had means of transportation, they did not, and as of now they most definitely had been seen.

"Units one and two, stay here and fight! Three and four! Take out the news choppers when they get here!" She yelled over the loud roaring of the hover crafts and the creatures that rode them.

Ella readjusted her sheath of blades that hung from her shoulder and pulled out her dual pistols as she stopped running to turn and face them. When she had stopped, the other members had halted as well and began to aim their weapons at the aliens that had taken over their home.

"Make it quick.. Horns will be here soon." She muttered under her breath, loud enough for the people around her to hear. None of them dared to take their eyes off of them as they flew closer, landing on the street in front of them.