Quantum Mirror Series 1

The Quantum Mirror on P3R-233 opened an infinite number of near realities which are similar to ours, but even the smallest differences can lead to the biggest outcomes. This series follows SG 10 and the Stargate Universe from their perspective.

The stargate opened and broke the natural sounds of the jungle around it. Sgt. Ford was the first human to set foot on the planet. He glanced around carefully and walked down the steps towards the M.A.L.P., realized there was no one to be seen in the ruins that surround the area. He relaxed his grip on his M-4 and took his MARPAT boonie off to scratched his head.

Lance Corporal Jefferson followed behind Ford, carrying an M249. He was just as tall as Ford but not nearly as thickly muscled. Next came Corporal Ward, who was only five ten but looked like an amateur body builder. Colton Hayes, the civilian science specialist, known as Colt to the team, stumbled through the gate and threw his arms up when he broke through the event horizon. Colt stood almost six feet tall, his short blond hair stuck out from under his boonie.

"Wooooo!" Colt yelled. His rifle dangled in front of him against the portable computer scanning unit strapped to his chest.

Private First Class Madison, was the last one through the gate. "Did he just 'wooo' again?" Madison asked Ward.

"Yup."

"Seriously, every planet?" Madison said to Colt.

"Are you kidding? We're living a sci fi show. If we find a planet with lightsabers I'm never going home." Colt said.

"I read about what you did, and I don't think they're ever letting you go back to Earth," Ford said checking the M.A.L.P..

"That...that's not cool," Colt mumbled, as he frowned and stepped away from the gate.

"What did he do?" Ward asked Madison.

"Don't worry about what I did, worry about what you're doing," Colt tried to change the subject.

"Let's just say it was prison or the military," Ford grinned as he started looking around the gate plaza.

"I didn't think they still did that," Ward said.

"Jefferson on the gate. Ward and Madison set up a perimeter. Colt, get Hansel in the air. I want to know if there's anyone still here," Ford said in a low gravelly voice.

Colt turned around and looked at the stepped pyramid that eclipsed both suns. It was narrow and tall.

"Oh my God!" Colt yelled with laughter. "Ahhhhhhhhh haa haa haaaaaa!

The gate stood in the center of a long rectangular plaza that was lined with temples, terraces, and obelisks. Beside the DHD stood a rectangular tablet two feet wide and eight feet tall. On it were carved reliefs of gate addresses. At the very bottom of the stelae was the address for that world.

Flanking the plaza stood two massive and long temple complexes. Directly behind the gate was a massive pyramid stepped in nine sections that towered above everything else in the city reaching nearly one thousand feet high. Beyond the city was a jungle that reached up two hundred feet towards both suns. The sky was a hazy reddish color as opposed to the brilliant blue of Earth. Beside the sky this could have been one of a dozen cities in Central America.

"This is amazing. These ruins are almost perfectly intact. In fact... I wouldn't even call these ruins. It looks more like an abandoned city. I count a dozen pyramids, temples, stelae. This city looks perfectly intact. There should be people around somewhere," Colt said.