The Wrong Path: Part 1

It was a cold Saturday night. Me and my girlfriend Avery were walking around. The city was almost empty only people going out on a stroll.

"Alex?" She whispered. "Yes?" I answered softly. "I love you" she said excitedly. Now being 17 and being in a relationship is different then being in 8th grade and dating. I choked. Nervously saying "I-I love you too" I've never been in love. It's new to me. "These 8 months have been amazing" she sweetly said. We kept going. "Hey, I need to get home. Where did you park your car?" she asked curiously. "It's at my house remember?" I told her."Crap. Here follow me! I know a short-cut!" She yelled and started running towards the close by woods smiling. "Hey! Wait up!" I yelled also. I ran towards her and she grabs my arm.

As we were walking into the forest it gets pretty quiet. "Peaceful? Right?" She said silently. It was so quiet "Yea.. "It's a change of scenery" as we were walking we hear owls and other animals. As a went deeper its got fuller with noise. She loved animals. "Its beautiful." She said soothingly "uh? What?" "It's beautiful, the calling of other animals" "Yea... It's nice" I was nervous. I never liked the dark. It feels like someone is always watching me. We got closer and found the exit. She smiled and kissed me. "Goodnight" she walked off and I called for a taxi. Why didn't she want a taxi? I don't know. Maybe she thought it was more romantic.

I got home and payed the man 20 dollars and told him to keep the change. I walked up to my parents house and my mom wasn't happy. She was worried and I wasn't checking in. "You've been out since 7 Alex!" She was furious. "Mom. I was with Avery the whole time. And you don't have to treat me like I'm 13, I'm 17. I have a job, a car that I paid for and a girlfriend I'm happy with. I'll be moving out in 5 months and I graduated high school early." I said. "I know I'm sorry. I'm just worried and after your father left, it's been hard." She was almost in tears. "Where is Charles?" "He is going to Chicago for his sports interviews." "Oh. Well I guess I'll go to bed. Love you." I ran up stairs to my room. I laid in bed and thought to myself that I need to stop reading creepypasta and watching Pewdiepie and Markiplier. They've been getting to me and I don't like it. Neither does my mind. I decided to go to bed.

I woke up and remembered this weird dream. It wasn't great at all. It was horrifying. I was alone in a room with this weird tall man with just a suit. It got dark quick. Why can't I remember the rest of this dream and why only this dream? It's really unusual for me to remember dreams. I have dreams that come back to me but this one stuck. I decided to get my mind off of it and go watch some tv or go outside. My mom walks from her room and says "Alex, if you are going to go out again take your phone... I don't want be worried again." I walk out the door and yawn and cringe at the sight of the sun. I started to walk to her house. I wonder if she's up or busy. I started to walk towards the woods where she called it the short cut. I started going deeper and deeper. It's not that open but there is a path. The path has random flowers and trees plus the long grass. As I was walking I see a random teddy bear on the ground. It's dirty and ripped so I didn't mind picking it up. I finally got out of the woods minutes later to see Alex crying on her porch. I ran to her yelling " Are you alright Hun?!" When I got up the steps she immediately hugged me and cried even more. I hugged back while telling her its ok. When she calmed down a bit. I gained the courage to ask "What's wrong Alex?" She looked at me nearly in tears. "I had a dream about my brother." She never told me about any siblings. She told me it was just her and her parents. I gawked and I tried to say something but nothing came out. "My brother was only 11. He was talking to a man he described as no face and white. He also said that he had a business suit on." She started tearing up and I saw one tear fall and I coddled her and told her tell me no more it will be alright. When I saw her crying I knew it was serious. She walked in the house with me still attached to her and we sat on the couch cuddling while she was calming down.

We watched tv while I slowed caught some shut eye. She didn't sleep but I was a light sleeper so if she needed me she couldn've shook me. I woke up to her watching Adventure time and her happier then before. "Good morning!" She said staring at the tv. "What time is it babe?" She sprung up. "Babe?!" She was happier now that I called her that. I've always called her Hun and Alex. "Yea, I called you babe. What? is there an issue?" I asked. "No! Just not used to be called babe. It's 2:00 p.m." "Thank you babe." I smiled and I got up and stretched. I started walking to her kitchen to find something to drink. I opened the fridge to be baffled at the sight of mostly alcohol. "Does your parents drink alot?" I asked nervously. "Oh... Yea, after Oliver went missing they are a mess but they still work to make sure I got clothes on my back and food on the table." I saw in the back a Pepsi and grabbed it and went back to the couch.

"That's my dads baby" I looked at the can. "I'll buy him a new 12 pack of Pepsi If he wants?" I know her father is a good man. "Ok" She said. We sat down and started to watch Adventure time together. It has these funny messages and more for mature people other than little kids. I took a gulp of the Pepsi and stares at the tv as we just cuddled again. Then suddenly the tv started to show static and it fills the screen. "Damn tv!" She yell. I see a face in the screen and ask her if she saw it too. "No I saw nothing baby, why?" She asked. I shrugged it off and thought it was my imagination just running wild. We kept watching tv with no interruptions.