1

I drive through the busy street of Los Angeles, making my way home after a long day at work.

I had just gotten out of some piano lessons, no I'm not learning; but teaching.

Teaching is a hobby of mine. I mean, the look on someone's face when they played the right note, or the look of calmness when they play the instrument; is absolutely priceless.

I enter the community, driving up to the gate and putting in the code.

The gate opens, and I drive into the small neighborhood, looking for my house.

Currently I live in a house with my dad, which is a music producer. I have not moved out yet because he had insisted I stay longer while I study more music and get into what I want to do.

I unlock the door of the house, walking in and being met with the smell of pizza.

If there is one thing my dad loves more than music, is baking pizza. We would never have to order it, as my dad would make it and it was delicious.

"Elena, are you home?" I heard my dad, Paul, call out.

"Yeah what's up?"

••••
I had gotten ready for bed, freshening up and changing into some comfortable clothes to sleep in.

I then jump into my bed, seeing a new text message on my screen.

Unknown

hey texting neighbor!

um who are you

you're texting neighbor
duh

um that's totally not
weird

cmon have u never
thought about texting
ur phone neighbor

no wtf how do you
just think about that

i have a lot of
free time

you're creepy stranger

hey i'm not a stranger
i'm ur neighbor

last time i checked
an elderly lady
is my neighbor

TEXTING NEIGHBOR

i still don't understand
what you mean by that

check your number
and then check mine

OH YOUR LAST
NUMBER IS ONE
ABOVE MINE

yeah DUH

okay but who just
texts random people at
midnight

i do

well you're not normal

i know i'm not ;)
what's ur name neighbor

it's midnight i'm keeping
it a mystery hehe

what does that
have anything to do
with this

at midnight crazy things happen
i'm not tryna get
murdered by you

I change the contact name to "texting neighbor" and put my phone down on my nightstand to charge, dozing off to a deep sleep.

little did she know, she had met a boy that would change her life. i guess she's right when she says crazy stuff happens at midnight.