Chapter 1

Hi :) I deleted my old story and started this one instead. The old one was going over pretty roughly and I didn't like it at all. So I started this one! :)

I'm going to try my hardest to make this one awesome. So send it to everyone and get people reading please!

<3 EA

My alarm went off beside me and I slapped around for the snooze button, trying to get the noise to stop. I hated nothing more than the sound of my alarm clock, especially waking up to it with a raging headache.

I rolled out of bed, placing my feet on the cool hardwood floor underneath me.  I shook my hair out, letting it fall down and knowing that it’d look fine for the rest of the day. I wasn’t sure how, but my wavy brown hair always looked fine straight out of bed.

My phone started ringing from my bed side table and I looked down to see a picture of my father and I taken a few years ago in France on our family vacation.

“Hey.” I said, my morning voice cracking.

“Hi, kiddo!” His big voice boomed. “Did I wake you up?” He asked.

“No.” I said walking over to my closet trying to figure out what to wear for the day. Everything was everywhere, but it was exactly how I liked it because I knew where it all was.

“Well, I have a position open for you and probably a friend of yours.” He said all business-y.

My father was high up in a record label. He got to work with all of the bands, and obviously, hire people. It was a perk, because every now and then I’d get to work with an awesome band and get paid a boat load of money.

“Yeah?” I said, urging him to continue so I could have more information.

“Well, this big boy band is coming to LA to record an album and we need to have a safe place for them to stay. By safe I mean, no fans know where it is, no paparazzi know where it is, only the band, their people, us and you and Brandy, I’m assuming.” He said.

Brandy was my best friend. We were partners in crime even though we were both probably the last people to ever actually commit a crime.

We were exactly alike, yet so different in so many ways. We were both shy and quiet, but had our random outbursts where we were the most outgoing people ever.

Brandy was the sweeter one that everyone seemed to like instantly, and I was always the cynical sarcastic one that was cynical and sarcastic because she didn’t have any friends.

“How is that gonna work?” I asked. My dad always rented me out a flat in LA. That would be simple to find.

“Well, we would rent out a big swanky house outside of LA that you guys would be staying in.” He said as if he had it all planned out. I had more questions underneath my belt because of course, I was my father’s daughter, and we were both business people at heart.

“How long, what’s the pay and what else do I need to know?” I said quickly, still looking through my closet.

“Three months, one grand a week for each of you, and you basically have to keep them out of the public eye for that period of time. You guys need to do all of the errands, you guys need to make sure they have safe rides to and from the flat, and you’re basically going to be babysitting.” He said quickly.

I sat thinking for a moment. “I’ll call Brandy and we’ll talk it over.” I said unemotionally.

“Okay. I need to know within the next two hours.” He said with his businessman voice. “Talk to you later, kiddo!”

 A half hour later, Brandy knocked on my door ferociously, refusing to stop knocking until I opened it.

“What is happening!?” She yelled at me, exasperated. Her light brown hair hung just below her shoulders and her aviators framed her face well. “All I heard was something about a thousand dollars.”

I opened my door further to let her in and she made herself at home in my kitchen, like always, grabbing a Pepsi out of my fridge.

“My dad has a job offer for us.” I said smiling smugly.

Her eyes almost burst out of her head as she took a second. She choked on the soda for a second before returning to normal. “What!?” She yelled.

“We basically have to babysit a band for three months. We’ll be staying in a swanky house outside of LA, all expenses paid, not to mention a hefty paycheck each week.” I explained, jumping up to sit on my counter. “You in?

A few hours later we sat in front of my dad and a lawyer with huge contracts sitting in front of us, going over it step by step.

It was all really basic stuff. It told us everything that the company would pay for. Housing, vehicles, gas, food, utilities. Basically everything we’d need.

Brandy and I both signed the big lines at the end of the contracts and handed them back to my father.

“Thank you, girls.” He smiled. “Now, you guys will be moving into the house tomorrow, and we’ll go over some more rules then.” He smiled once again, glancing back and forth between Brandy and I. It wasn’t something difficult. It was something he always did after he had a contract signed. “A car will be at your condo at noon, Elizabeth.”

I nodded at him and smiled.

Brandy and I stepped outside his office. She looked at me and stared for a second with a completely serious face.

“Elevator.” I said, understanding exactly what she wanted to do.

We stepped into the elevator of the swanky building and waited for the doors to close.

We looked at each other in silence once more before breaking out in dance.

We danced and jumped around all of the way from the 6th floor to the first floor lobby.

The door dinged and opened again before walking out of the door.

“Did you think yesterday that today we’d be signing onto a twelve thousand dollar contract?” I asked.

Brandy laughed and smiled in return, slipping her ray bans on as we stepped outside into the sunlight towards my car. “Not to mention we just signed up for living with five guys for three months.”

I grimaced, realizing that she obviously missed the part of the contract that I remembered.

“Brandy, you just signed a contract that said you wouldn’t get into any relationships during the three months. We’re completely screwed if we do.” I said reminding her, unlocking my doors and slipping inside. Inside of my car was five hundred degrees hotter than the air outside of it, and it was stuffy. “My dad’s lawyer will tear us a new one.”

“Oh…” was all she said. Obviously she didn’t read over the contract.

I shrugged, rolling the windows down. “It’s whatever. We’re going to your house to pack first.”