One-Shot

I'm really only posting this to show I haven't left yet. Still kickin'.

--

Feliciano walked through the pouring rain, protecting his briefcase with his jacket. Today had been one of the worst days he had ever been through.

He slept through his alarm and Ludwig didn't wake him up since he had been at the gym. He forgot to brush his teeth so he had to buy gum to cover his terrible morning breath, he missed the train, he was an hour late to his meeting with Vash, and he completely missed his lunch with Lovino and Antonio. On his way home, he saw his boss, who gave him even more paperwork to do, and then it started storming. And Feliciano was terrified of storms. He didn't even care about making pasta for dinner or watching the football game with Ludwig, he just wanted to collapse into his bed and sleep.

When he finally reached his shared little house, he opened the unlocked door and walked into the warmth. He could smell the smoke coming from the fireplace. He didn't care about taking off his shoes. He just dropped his briefcase next to Ludwig's shoes in front of the door. The Italian sighed stressfully as he walked up the stairs, undoing his tie.

Ludwig watched Feliciano walk up the stairs from the dining room table as he sipped his coffee. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and slight disappointment. There was no 'Ciao, Ludwig! I'm home!' or hugs or kisses, just a soaking wet man letting out a stressed sigh.

How could Feliciano just ignore him like that?

Ludwig closed the lid to his laptop and went into the room Feliciano had walked into. He hadn't even walked into Ludwig's room, where he usually naps. He was lying face first on his own bed. His shoes were on and he was soaking wet from the rain.

The taller male sat down on the bed next to his partner. Feliciano didn't respond. "Feliciano." No response. "Wake up, Feliciano. You need to change your clothes or you'll catch a cold."

Feliciano groaned. "No... just leave me alone today..."

Ludwig was taken aback by this behavior. Whatever had happened today must have made the poor thing stressed. He got off the bed and dug through Feliciano's drawers, finding him a tee shirt, clean underwear, and sweatpants to change into. "Here, Feli. Get in the shower then change into these. I'll make dinner."

Feliciano rolled over. He couldn't deny that he absolutely adored Ludwig's cooking. "Just the food, per favore."

"Nien. Would it be better if I got in the shower with you?"

"Not tonight, Luddy." Feliciano sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"I didn't mean that... Just go take a shower then we can watch football together. Italia's playing."

Feliciano lazily got out of bed and took the clothes from Ludwig, stumbling as he stepped into the bathroom.

"Shut the door!" Ludwig called. Feliciano disobeyed anyway.

--

Feliciano stepped out of the shower, feeling a bit more refreshed. He smelled Ludwig's cooking downstairs and lazily threw on the sweatpants before going downstairs to greet him.

He smiled upon seeing Ludwig at the stove, who always wore a pink apron when he cooked. Feliciano sneaked his arms around Ludwig's waist.

"Grazie, Ludwig." He whispered into his ear before kissing his cheek.

Ludwig blushed and turned to face Feliciano. "Put the rest of your clothes on." He said, and turned back to the food. He kept it a secret, but he loved when Feliciano had his shirt off. As much as Ludwig said he needed to work out, he was already pretty fit and much more tanned than the German.

Feliciano groaned and stumbled up the stairs. "Just the underwear."

Ludwig groaned and set the table. He placed the plates of wurst down and poured Fanta Chinotto for them both.

They enjoyed their dinner in silence. Ludwig had to bring Feliciano back when he caught him drifting into sleep. Feliciano did eventually fall asleep on the table, and Ludwig carried him upstairs.

"Ludwig..." Feliciano sighed, catching Ludwig by surprise.

"Go to sleep, Feliciano." Ludwig kissed his forehead and set him in the bed.

"Ti amo, Ludwig." He pulled Ludwig down into the bed with him and fell back asleep.

Ludwig smiled for a moment and pulled Feliciano to his chest.

"Good night, Feliciano."