Scooch

It all starts with a first impression right?

That smile.
Those orbs.
His voice, his words.

"could you... scooch over a little?"

What

"you're, uh, sort of in the way of the outlet there and i need to charge my phone.. heh."

"... oh, OH!! SO SORRY, I'LL BE PUT OF YOUR HAIR. WAIT, YOU'RE A SKELETON. MY BAD, YOU DON'T HAVE HAIR.. OR DO YOU..? I DON'T MEAN IT IN A BAD WAY OR ANYTHING!! I DON'T MIND BALD DUDES! THEY'RE RAD..!"

Blathering on uncontrollably while making a fool of myself yet again, great. All you had to do was scooch like the skele said. Jezz y/n, I wonder what kind of first impression he got off of you.

"...pft-!"

. . . u u h

Am I hearing laughing from him? HES MAKING FUN OF ME, SHET. ANXIETY, PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS SEEM WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS O-

"i don't mind people who don't mind bald dudes." He then manages to laugh out, adding on to my compilation of opinions.

Anxiety, he be humoring me. Anxiety, retreat back to your cave, I'll need you if we start up an actual conversation.

"oh jezz, my phone died. do you mind if i sit with you for a bit until it turns back on again? oh, and heh, ill still need you to move your chair a bit to plug the cord in."

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh nnnnno-

"Yeah! You can sit here, I don't mind!" God, can I make this social encounter last longer or what? I finally move my chair, making the outlet readily available.

"thanks." The skeleton stepped closer and bent down to plug his charger into the outlet. I could feel his breathe shower my leg as he got back up. Oh lordy don't make a big deal out of this y/n, it's just magical carbon dioxide on a sensitive part of my body... stop blushing..

"so," he starts as he pulls up a chair to my table meant for two," what happens to be your name, miss bald dude appreciator?" I slid down in my chair feeling a little embarrassed and caught off guard from the new nickname. "...Y/n, and you?"

"i go by..G." What a weird name to give your monster child. "it doesn't really stand for anything if you're wondering." Sounds like I shouldn't question him then. "so," he started once more, "what do you come to Starbucks for? the free wifi," he questions, pointing to my laptop, "a drink," pointing to my f/d, "or both?" leading his hand to cup his jaw in. I noticed the hole through it as well, but I'm guessing I shouldn't question that either.

"Both actually. I always try to come here during the slow hours so I can avoid how noisy it can get. I work on my job on here instead of actually going to it." Eey, no stuttering. Good job me. "oh, so you're a work at home kind of person? you must find it enjoyable to not have to travel far. what is it exactly that you do?" 8th grade speech class, keep redeeming your worth.

"A lot."

"..."
"..."

ANXIETY WHY??! WE WERE DOING FINE. WHATS WRONG BABE? Oh wait I deal weed for a living. Never mind, 'A lot' is a good description. Anxiety can protect you, see? "ah, i shouldn't have asked you if you don't feel like talking about it. my bad y/n."

WELL NOW HE FEELS BAD, AHH! "No no no, i didn't mean it like that." I forced myself to giggle slightly in hopes to reassure him. "It's just sort of, uh, complicated to explain. That's all..." It worked, I was able to get him to smile.

"Oh! I think your phone is awake now." I snap, quickly trying to get off the subject completely.

"what? i don-"

*vrrrr vrrrr*

"oh, um, right.. thanks." G says as caught off guard as I was. "No problem, heh.." Insert weird eye contact sort of heartwarming moment here. It was cut short when notifications started chiming onto his phone's home screen though. Goodbye sweet butterflies in my stomach, have a good trip to Mexico. G brings his attention to his phone, then abruptly rises from his chair.

"I HAVE TO GO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME Y/N. IT WAS LOVELY MEETING YOU!" He unplugs his phone while looking for the nearest exit. After having one in his sightings, he gives one final glance back, a charmed expression across his face, then dashed out the door.

G, you forgot your charger.