{1}

The name is Arabella. Arabella Peppers to be exact. Now see, I'm a seventh grader at Woodbridge Middle School.

           Honestly, I hate school. Who doesn't? The crappy food and teachers ruin the whole experience, but a best friend kind of lowers the suckiness. I guess.

            Meet Jessica Laurence. Gorgeous brunette. Sparkling hazel eyes, and the physique of a model. She's only a seventh grader, yet is the most popular girl in school. It wasn't& always like this.

            You leave elementary school in the summer, grow some breasts and do squats daily and suddenly you get worshipped. Sixth grade, I learned that looks earned more than your personality. But hey, she's my best friend and I love the girl to death. 

"Hey Jess!" I exclaimed, as I closed my locker.

"Bellaaaaaa!" She enthusiatically remarked putting emphasis on the "a".

"So what ya doing today, gorg?" I asked.

"Well, guess who I'm going to the Halloween Bash with, this Friday!' Jess grinned.

"Let's see. Chris Cooper? Miles Hall? Wait, I know this! Jax Mounds!" I guessed.

"Wrong, wrong, he's a hottie but nope. The boy I've been crushing on!" Jess smiled even wider.

"Which is? You have a crush on a new guy every week. Also, I thought you were off and on with Miles?" I inquired.

Ever since, Jess had a huge transformation, she was friends with everyone and every boy drooled over her.

"Brennan Donnelly." She uttered the name of the most popular golden boy at our school.

He was an eight grader, and way popular. Straight A student, amazing athlete. I didn't really acknowledge him that much, considering he's a year older than me.

"How'd you score a date with him?" I questioned surprised.

"Veronica hooked me up!" Jess blushed.

"I thought we were going to the Halloween Bash together?" I asked with a bit of disappointment laced through my tone.

"This is Brennan Donnelly, the hottest guy in school. Don't you have that article to write anyways? Now you have time for yourself to write the observations. You don't have to be dragged around!" Jess tried to reassure me.

"Brennan Donnelly, a guy you started to crush on like two days ago." I sighed, taking a seat on a bench.

"C'mon love, you know I would do the same for you." Jess tried to convince me once again.

"Except, I never get dates." I remarked.

She looked at me, with a saddened face.

"Okay fine." I looked down.

"Thanks gorgeous! We'll still have matching costumes, right Minnie?" Jess started to walk away.

"Of course, Daisy." I chuckled waving.

Oh, Brennan Donnelly. You better give her the best date of her life.

-

            The last bell rang signaling that school was finally over. Usually, I would walk home with Jess, but now since she started to gain popularity, she's been invited to after school shopping trips, frozen yogurt, parties. 

        I took my house keys out, and unlocked the door. 

"Hey mom!" I greeted throwing my backpack on our floral armchair.

"Hey Bell!" My mom popped out of the kitchen.

"Is Chandler swim?" I asked her, starting to walk up the stairs.

"Yes! I'm making pasta tonight, so make sure to grab some before the others do!" My mom warned me.

"My favorite!" I dashed to my room.

        My family and I don't have those family dinners everyday. Sure, sometimes we go out to eat, maybe once a month, but that's about it. My mom works from home, she's like an online photographer. My dad is more of a businessman. He helps work out financial investments. My brother, Chandler? He's in sixth grade. 

         He swims competitively. Well for the blue dolphins, our local swim team. He's a great brother. My other brother is Nate. He's in college for the first time this year. He wants to become a chemical engineer! I'm not too close with him. He closeted. Meaning he's gay, only Chandler and I know. Not even our parents, I know right? Scandalous.

        The rest of my evening was uneventful, I guess. After dinner, I listened to some music, while writing. Writing is my escape, and a pure form of bliss itself. I laid down in my bed, and closed my eyes.

-

      I woke up to the sunlight blinding my eyes. I felt eternally blind. I hate my life. I instantly grabbed my phone and checked what time it was.

"5:14." I mumbled to myself relieved, laying my head back on my bed.

I forgot to set my alarm last night, but I guess my body is used to the natural waking up process. 

-

I walked to school, my mind completely blank.

"Hey Arabella!" Jax Mounds, baseball all star jogged up to me.

"Uhm, hey Jax!" I replied dumbfounded that he's talking to me.

"So, are you going to the Halloween Bash, bec-" He started to say.

"Oh my god." I cut him off, and started to walk away as I realized what was happening.

"Bella! Bella! BELLA!" Jax jogged back to me, and stood in front of me to stop me.

"What?" I looked up at him.

"Why'd you just run away?" He asked me.

"Jess put you up to this, right? She's just so scared about me going by myself, she had to get you to ask me." I sighed.

"So you're going alone?" He flashed his pearly whites.

I nodded.

"So continuing what I was saying. Would you Arabella Peppers like to attend the Halloween Bash with me?" He took my hand.

"Hmm." I shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

"So, is that a yes?!" Jax yelled after me.

"Pick me up at 6, lover boy." I smiled not turning back.

-

A/N

          So, that's the beginning of my Brennan Donnelly fanfic! I swear, that the Brennan and Arabella romance will come soon! Vote and comment because, it helps motivate! I usually try to update this fanfic every two days, but writers block may occur. Make sure to share this book with your friends! Thanks for the support! - Jade