My Letter to Nickelodeon

Dear Nickelodeon,

I was a HUGE Nick fan when I was little. I had a crush on a couple of the characters in your shows (in fact, I still have a crush on Mister Blik from Catscratch), I like a huge spectrum of your shows, and I even voted in the KCAs, even though I didn't watch it this year. I know there's still hope for you somewhere, but I don't think airing more shows like Sanjay & Craig or Breadwinners is going to help. If you read any of the user reviews on Common Sense Media or Rotten Tomatoes, you can tell a lot more people hate your shows than like them and you can see that you're going downhill. It's been that way since 2009. I'm only being honest and if I could find something positive about you, I would, but I can't. I'm one of those people who are extremely sensitive about potty humor and butt jokes and to see it in every single one of your newer shows makes me nauseated. I'm only in 8th grade and I'm pretty sure that I can write a better show than the ones on air. Sure, I may know nothing about animation except for a little application on my Nintendo DSI and sure, I may know very little of what it takes to make a show, but I've read how Spongebob was made on Nick Magazine (another thing I miss), and I'm sure I can probably turn you around with my ideas, despite juggling school and such. I notice you always write shows about two boys going on stupid adventures and such, getting inspiration from three Cartoon Network shows I know of, but what about a female protagonist? Not just a female character that one of the dudes "like", but a main character that's in every single episode? A rolemodel? It doesn't have to be a group of girls or a handful of boys, because in the real world, it's not like that. I'm female and I'm more comfortable around guys than girls. No, I don't have crushes on them and they don't have crushes on me either. We're just a few people who like to hang out and I'd like to see something like that on one of your new shows. There's no depth in your characters or plot, something us viewers like and a key ingredient that can tell the difference between Adventure Time and Breadwinners. Even if you just only put a medium amount of depth into your characters, like Catscratch, it's still better than what's on air today. Speaking of Catscratch, what happened? I see your Instagram account and you post NOTHING about it. Your website only has a couple of games and little to no information about it. It's like you're pretending it never happened! Why don't you put episodes on your site so people can watch it? It would be a nice addition to the website and your app and it's better than people having to resort to illegal measures just to see one episode again. Also, May 9th is slowly approaching and I'd like to know if you are going to have a marathon of episodes playing on that day. I'd also love it if there was a DVD box set of the episodes, maybe with some behind the scenes footage or an interview with the old voice actors! Even if you played it every now and then on Nicktoons or Teen Nick, it's better than saying almost nothing about it. I love your older shows and Catscratch is a HUGE thing I'm obsessed with. I know all too well that you can't bring back any of these shows, no matter how many people sign a petition or beg on their knees until they bleed, but please try harder with your newer work so they leave the same impression! If you want to talk to me more, my email is ----- and I'd love to go on more or give you ideas for a new show. Hopefully, when school ends, I'll have more time to talk about this or maybe start a show of my own! It's hopeless, but at least give me a chance.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

~ An Old Nick Viewer