Chapter One- 2 AM Stroll

"Damn." I whispered under my breath. 

"It doesn't seem like it should be this cold, I mean come on, it's summer!" I stopped my rant and looked up to see someone sitting on the rail that kept the pedestrians from meeting the water if they ever dare to look over the edge. My eyes widened as I saw his face.

"Tha-that's..." I stumbled. " Fucking God Riley, stop being such a dork and just go over there and see if he's okay." I mumbled to myself. I start my journey to the man a few feet away from me. 

"Hey." I managed to blurt out. 

"Go away." He replied.

" You know, this isn't how I planned meeting one of my biggest inspirations." He let out a little chuckle as though making fun of my remark.

" So what are you doing up here anyways?"

"You wouldn't understand." He murmured.

"What?"

"I said you wouldn't understand!" He yelled making me flinch.

" I don't know, if you want to you can help me try to understand."

" I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bark at you like that. I could hear what you were saying  before you came over here so I thought you were one of those crazy fans and I was just a bit annoyed. Now I know that I was wrong to assume that." 

My heart skipped a beat. "You heard that!? I didn't realize I was that loud?"

"And as for your question. I don't have an explanation... I guess I just came here to think about life." He sighed. " What about you? It's not very safe for a teenager to walk around alone this late at night."

I looked down at my phone. " It's actually not that late, it's only 2 am. Why am I out here? I guess you could say I'm out here for a similar reason... I wanted to finally see this bridge in person. The only time I've ever seen it is in one of your music videos and on google images."

He let out a laugh. "Sorry to tell you this, but 2 am is pretty late. Most people go to bed before 12 pm."

" Well I guess we're not most people then... and I'm not alone."

He looked over to me and chuckled lightly. I saw his smile go away and he looked back down to the water. "Do you want to jump off together?" I bluntly added.

I saw his eyes widen and his grip on the rails tighten.

"I... I don't want to die. I'm not ready. Every time I think I want to kill myself I come here and every time I just end up going back home instead. I'm such a coward."

I looked at the water and smiled. " That doesn't make you a coward Hobi. That makes you one of the bravest people out there..." His grip lightened a bit, but he still kept his head down. "There is this one quote that keeps popping up whenever I'm online. It mentions something about how killing yourself is an action only performed by the truly brave. Whenever I'm down in the dumps I like to think about that quote. It gives me courage, it makes me not so afraid of what will happen after I decide to jump." Shivers ran down my spine and I went silent.

His head lifted up his head and his eyes scanned the city for a few second before landing on me. He gave me a puzzled look. "I don't think I quite understand?"

"I'm sorry, I never finished what I was going to say. What I mean is my whole body and mind wants to believe that braveness is ending the pain, but it's really not. Being brave is finding the strength to push through your demons and live to see another day." I sighed and rested my elbows on the rail.

"Do you like superheroes?"

I laughed wondering why he would ask such a random question. "Yeah, I love superheroes. My favorite is Flash, who's your favorite?"

He swung his legs around and jumped off the rail with a huge smile and gave me a high five. "DC all the way man. Mine's Batman."

"See this is the Hoseok I've always looked up to." I laughed.

There was a small pause, but then with an ever growing smile he yelled out. "CGV theaters!"

"What?" I asked curiously.

"323 Dosan-daero, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul tomorrow at 6:45."

"Why, what's playing then?"

" Spider-man: Homecoming 2. Tomorrow is the release date." He said while starting to move his body around excitingly. 

"Oh wait, it is! I completely forgot." I smacked my forehead.

He settled down a little bit. "So will you go with me?"

I blushed and started shaking my head. " Yes I would really love it if we went to go see it together."

"Okay so it's settled." He smiled approvingly.

"You gotta promise you're going to be there though, I'm counting on it!!" I said as I starting backing away and heading towards my hotel room.

He yelled back. "I promise!"

I looked back once I was a little ways away and I saw him looking down at the ground again. This time he had a huge smile on his face and he was kicking the ground as if he was a little embarrassed. I heard a faint laugh come out of him and he looked up at me, sent a wave my way and then ran off towards his dorm.

"Seoul really is a beautiful place at night..." I murmured to myself while I kept on walking.