Just a Dream?

I turned around to see him standing right behind me. A knife about to be plunged into my stomach. My heart beat fast. He thrust his hand toward me and.. RING! I woke up sweating over the nightmare I had just had. "Jaylee are you almost ready?" my mom yelled from downstairs. "Yeah, I'll be right down." Not wanting to move, I got up, sluggishly making my way towards my dresser. I pulled out a pair of ripped capris that nicely fit my legs, and slipped them on. I walked over to my closet and got a tight purple shirt and a nice blue accent cami. Today was the first day I would walk down the hallway as a Junior in Oakville High School. 

The door to my bathroom was a few feet away from my closet. I walked in squinting my eyes at how bright it was in there. I looked in the mirror and was amazed at what tricks my hair can do at night. I pulled out my brush at started to detangle the nest. After i straightened my hair, I got out my make-up bag and began to beautify my self. A couple minutes later, I walked down the stairs feeling awake and ready to tackle the day. My mom yelled from the kitchen "Coming in here to eat? I made you some pancakes". My mom always loved to cook. I walked in kitchen and sat down at the bar. My brother was sitting next to me, already chowing down.

RING! I pulled my IPhone out of my pocket and looked at the incoming call. Megan. I pressed "answer" and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey girlfriend! Ready for me to come get you?"

"Yeah"

"Alright, be there in a few minutes!"

Megan always did sound excited about everything she did. We had been best friends since second grade and I don't imagine anything could change that. I finished up my pancakes and hugged my mom. I grabbed my bookbag and headed outside when I heard Megan's car horn. I have a car but, we decided that we would carpool this year to save a little extra money for our spring break vacation to the Florida Keys. I hopped in her red car and smiled at her. 

"Ready for school?" she said winking at me.

"Do I look ready?"

"Uhh, sure.." she said sarcastically.

*First story that I have written. Tell me what you think, should i keep going or not write?*

Jordan E. :)