A Twist on the Tale

Title: A Twist on the Tale

Author: Eulphy

Summary: What happens when Glee's VA and ND gets a switch in the long beloved tale. In which New Directions has won two consecutive Nationals and Vocal Adrenaline is the newbie. In which Rachel's the National Diva and Jesse's got two moms and a dad he doesn't know yet. In which everything is just topsy turvy, can the St Berry make it work?

-------

Note: Rachel's a junior here, same as Jesse. Schue is more or less a male version of Shelby - strict and fair, meaning he doesn't favor Finn here. This will be a St. Berry fic and an AU one at that. So, if you prefer Canon than this, go back. But while your here, just remember that its got the twist with the personality too. Like, snarky and insulting Mr. Schue or Rachel – because being on top, that's how I see Shelby and Jesse.

Another warning, Jesse's moms - yes, moms - used a surrogate to impregnate one of them. Guess who the surrogate is...

Also, Shelby doesn't have any familial connections with Rachel. Rachel's got a normal rich and divorced and absent parents - like Jesse in the Canon.

-------

"Why are we here again?" Rachel Berry slumped on her seat, a pout on her lips and a sad look on her eyes. Usually, people would go over the hills to give her whatever she wanted whenever they see her look. But the person directed with the look didn't even have a reaction except for the bland stare.

Will Schuester, her show choir coach, had always seem to be the only one to handle her tantrums and her diva-ness (as some of her teammates would say). He was always the strict paternal figure she missed from her biological father. Nothing could sway him.

This time wasn't even different. He only gave her a raised eyebrow look as if asking, 'Really? This is the best you can do?' And it only made her pout more when he looked back to the program proper he was reading without a second glance.

Rachel sighed, playing with the end of her long dark hair - a habit she picked up from her aunt - and looked moodily at the stage. Nothing seemed to work on him. Not even her crazy diva episodes. Nothing can faze him.

Will Schuester was her (and the others too, she supposed... but morely hers) Dad in all but blood. He hadn't just mentored her (them) with singing during the three years they'd been together. He had been there to take them down a peg or two when they get so high up. He had been there to protect any member of the New Directions - their show choir - when one of their own was harmed. He was there if they needed a shoulder to lean on or someone to listen to the crap that was their life.

Many people - fans - would say that being in ND was a dream. It was the top show choir, a national champion, being part of it would be paradise. Rachel knew that because that was how she thought once upon a time. But it hadn't really been easy despite what she first thought of it.

She remember how, as a young naïve freshman, she had strolled down the halls of Carmel High, ready to take anything on. She had her whole life planned already, afterall.

(A Tony and an Emmy by the time she was 25 and the role of Fanny in Funny Girl, she would say to anyone who would listen)

It had taken Mr. Schue to take her down three pegs to realise that she had to work to get what she want in life. He showed her that her rich, spoiled brat lifestyle needed to be thrown out of the window for her to achieve broadway. He humiliated her, called down her every mistakes and never complimented her. Many who had been treated the same in her year had given up immediately. She didn't.