The Lucky Horseshoe

Luck was something that I have been looking for. I wasn't one who won something out of luck. My chances of receiving something is because of my working for it, not me closing my eyes and blowing a dandelion and hopes it comes true. It just doesn't seem realistic. I wanted a feel for what It felt like to have something out of luck and for once not working for it.

Sunday morning came along and of course it brought the shining sun along side to wake up everyone to get a move on. Like most teenagers, they closed  the curtains and pull the covers over their face to avoid the day. I for one wake up at the crack of dawn when Mr. Sun isn't out. I run to the stable and ride my horse deep in the ranch where my secret lodge is so I can avoid my family. Thank goodness they don't know about my lodge other wise everyone would try to make it their own. I place my horse in my stable and I run inside to whip up some breakfast. I made eggs and hash potatoes. After a good breakfast I head in garden for some fruit. But when I walked out side I found a horseshoe. I thought to myself where in the world did this thing come from. So I took it inside and placed on the table and returned to the garden, and I found 2 more horseshoes. Wait just a second, aren't horseshoes good luck?

             All my life I've been looking for luck and I'm standing right in front of it. Well it's about time, I sure could of used some luck a couple of times in the past. Crash! I ran in the front yard of the lodge and there were 4 more horseshoes. Is this some kind of joke? So I suppose if I walk to my garden there will be 6 more. Bryce scurried to the garden and there were 6! He was completely confused. Bryce went to his stable and took out his horse and rode back to the main stable and placed his horse back inside. When he turned to lock up the door there were 8 more. He locked the door and ran inside. Everyone was still asleep. He thought maybe he woke up a bit too early. So he went back to bed and when went to lay down there were 10! He swiped them off the bed and laid down. Bryce woke up 3 hours later. It was now really shining out. This time he got off his bed to see it the horseshoes were still on the floor. But they were gone. He went to the stable and got his horse to ride back to the lodge. When he had arrived all the horseshoes were gone. it was like as if it never happened.

          Now it's your turn. Was this a dream? or a hallucination?