Chapter 1: The Start of a Not-So-Peaceful Morning

Golden rays of light peak in from the cracks in my blinds. Blinking, I burrowed down deeper into my sleeping bag. Like I was getting up at this hour. It was way too early for me.

In the blissful state I was in, I didn't notice the rapid footsteps in the hall. Nor did I notice their abrupt stop. Until......BOOM. "Good Morning!" My best friend, and roommate, Nova, screamed as she kicked my door down.

Nova is a fellow werewolf. We met at Hybrid Academy, or as we called it "Hy-bread Academy" because we literally ate bread at every meal. Cheesy, I know.

I groaned and sat up, glaring down my best friend. "Why are you up?" I asked. Nova loves her sleep, so this definitely wasn't normal.

"It's moving day, silly goose!" She sung. Skipping over, she yanked me out of my sleeping bag. I then remembered that it was in fact our moving day.

We'd recently found a nice house, and we got a lease to rent it. Rent was semi-expensive, but luckily Nova had a job that payed pretty well. Me? I was still desperately trying to get my acting career up and running.

"Ugh. Fine. Let's get going." I said, rubbing my eyes. I began rolling up my sleeping bag. "Don't forget to change! You can't leave wearing your pjs!" Nova sung. She ran downstairs. I sighed. Walking over, I opened my duffel bag and pulled out my dental hygiene products. I go over to my bathroom to use it one last time.

Once I'm dressed, I pack up the last of my things and head downstairs. Nova awaits me at the door.

"C'mon! I'm driving!" She said. I groaned. "Fine. You have the address, right?" I asked, exiting the building. Nova nods.

We got into the moving van. As she drived away, I closed my eyes and began to think.

The house we bought is in this nifty little neighborhood called Mystreet. The realtor called it a "potential hub for activity and homestyle living." Which basically means it's a suburban street for soccor mom's and buisness men. Our house was relatively new, so obviously I was excited to see it.

I slowly fell asleep again. I don't know why, but cars have always seemed to put me to sleep. I suppose it had to do with how steady they always felt.

Before I knew it, we had arrived at our new house. Nova shook me awake. The both of us went to the back of the moving van and opened it up.

The house was small. Two floors, two bedrooms, three bathrooms. A kitchen, a living room, a small dining room, and a basement. The backyard was nice though, with a decent patio and a large pool. Definitely an upgrade from our last apartment.

I went up and unlocked the door. Once I had it open, I went back to help Nova get the heavy furniture inside.

As we were lifting, I heard footsteps come up behind us.

"Do you ladies need help with that?" The voice asked.

I knew who it was immediately. I turned around in shock.

"No way! Travis?"
"Perry?"

Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals! How you all doing? I know this was a little unexpected, but I finally finished the first chapter, and I just couldn't wait to publish this! I really hope you all like it, and are as excited to see this story unfold as I am. Anyways, This is Star-Chan, signing off! Peace from the Napoleon Galaxy, my little galaxies!