Partners in Crime

Our story starts in Link Vrains, where two outlaws pursue their own reasons to get revenge on the society that has abandoned them, which leads to them becoming allies and partners in crime...

Into the Vrains (play)

You'll never take us alive
We swore that death will do us part
They'll call our crimes a work of art
You'll never take us alive
We'll live like spoiled royalty, lovers and partners
Partners in crime
Partners in crime

They have planned this heist for a while now, just the two of them. Everyone knew - and feared- their usernames in Link Vrains : Playmaker and Blue Angel.

Yet noone knew who they were in real life...

This, the tale of reckless love, living a life of crime on the run,
I brush to a gun to paint these states green and red,

The young couple's true identities were a mystery, as Den City police have searched all over to find them, but to no avail.

Yusaku Fujiki and Aoi Zazien were currently in the Vrains, vandalizing empty buildings with their trademark insignias -proof that their love would stand the test of time- of angel feathers and duel monsters, a symbol of fear to anyone else who tried to stop them.

Afterwards, they gathered their necessary equipment to rob one of the online banks under their hidden ids.

The same ids that caused panic everywhere in Vrains...

Everybody freeze, nobody move, put the money in the bag or we will shoot,
Empty out the vault and me and my doll will be on our way,

Playmaker and Blue Angel have successfully completed another mission, receiving enough online currency to live like the rich do in the Vrains, or in real life.

Our paper faces flood the streets,
And if the heat comes close enough to burn then we'll play with fire 'cause...

Wanted posters were draped and fluttering around all the public areas in Link Vrains and in Den City, offering quite the reward for capturing the illusive duo, dead or alive.

You'll never take us alive
We swore that death will do us part
They'll call our crimes a work of art
You'll never take us alive
We'll live like spoiled royalty, lovers and partners
Partners in crime
Partners in crime

Oh, just try and catch us!

They escaped without a hitch, Yusaku deleting their online presence before anyone could trace them. Aoi let out a celebratory whoop and transfered the money they just earned into their offshore bank account.

The two lovers looked into each other's eyes, filled with hope and admiration for the other.

"Yusaku.."

"Yeah.."

"What will happen to us when we finally overthrow SOL Tech?"

"We stay together Aoi, it's that simple."

Tears of joy formed in the youthful girl's eyes, happiness clear in her face.

"I love you, Yusaku."

"And I, you Aoi. I'll give you three reasons why I will spend the rest of my life with you. 1) Everything about you is amazing and strong. You give me strength when I don't have any. 2) It's obvious that I only have feelings for you..."

He trailed off, getting on one knee in front of her.

"And reason three?"

He smirked at her, revealing a small box in the hacker's palms.

"Number three, because I want you, Aoi Zazien, to be my wife."

"Oh my gosh, you slacker-hacker... YES, I will marry you, Yusaku Fujiki."

They sealed their engagement with a kiss, each beginning to see the life ahead of them once they pulled off their last heist...

Here we find our omnipotent outlaws fall behind the grind tonight,
Left unaware that the lone store owner won't go down without a fight.

"Where we gonna go?"

"He's got us pinned!"

"Baby, I'm a little scared"

"Now, don't you quit!"

"He's sounded the alarm, I hear the sirens closing in."

SOL's police force now had the help of a new recruitment deal with Den City's marines, making it a difficult task for our protagonists to escape with all of their loot. But it wasn't impossible, as Playmaker and Blue Angel had proven once again, that they truly ruled the Vrains, running towards their exit point they created earlier, passing through the busy virtual streets of Vrains before detonating a flame bomb.

Our paper faces flood the streets,
And if the heat comes close enough to burn then we're burning this place to the ground 'cause...

You'll never take us alive
We swore that death will do us part
They'll call our crimes a work of art
You'll never take us alive
We'll live like spoiled royalty, lovers and partners,
Partners in crime

The cops, however, were stationed all over Link Vrains, surprising the young duo close to their exit. The armed couple took cover as they prepared for the worst.

"This is SOL Tech police department. Come out with your hands up, we have the place surrounded. Put your weapons down, put your weapons down! Ready, men? Aim... Fire!"

The epic showdown commenced at once, with the couple backed into a corner by the authorities.

The skies are black with lead-filled rain,
A morbid painting on display,

Their characters started to spritz out of control, disappearing slowly out of the Vrains.

This is the night the young love died,
Buried at each other's side,

The police searched all of Den City, looking for the ones that identified with either usernames of the leads of our story, but never found a trace and pronounced them dead.

You never took us alive
We swore that death would do us part
So now we haunt you in the dark,

The union of our main protginists by holy matrimony in Europe was a small, private wedding commemorating their unbreakable bond formed in their common goals. On the honeymoon, however, they both showed alot more emotion and attraction towards their other half.

You never took us alive,
We live as ghosts among these streets,
Lovers and partners
Partners in crime
Partners in crime

They still frequent Link Vrains, having successfully overthrown the government and it's secret source of funding. They were always going to be

Partners in crime

Fin