Prologue

Once again, I'm lost in the deep blue sea. Endlessly drowning without the ability to move myself. I'm always dreaming of this, but why do I dream of this? This can't be a coincidence. The more I think about this, the more lost I get.

"Zack!"

I hear a distant voice call out to me. The more I hear it, the more my eyes widen. And suddenly, I wake up. I look around but I see no one. It had to be my distant memory of my mother's voice. I roll over and check the time and quickly get dressed up ready to go to school.

Parkside High School, the school my friends had recommended me. A music and sports school, very popular among other high schools. I got accepted due to my past with the guitar and my past with basketball.

The first person I see when I get there is my best friend, Isaac, waiting for me by the gate. He has large muscles and is very tall. He welcomes me and we walk together into the school.

"I want you to introduce you to my new friend Kathy." Isaac softly says pointing at her.

"Kathy, this is Zack. Zack, this is Kathy." He adds on.

"Hey." We both whisper.

     We both stare at each other awkwardly for awhile until Isaac stops the silence.

"Sooo, let's all meet up after school and hang out." He said.

The first day of school wasn't much. We were all assigned classes and met up with our teachers. We were all given a sheet on what we would learn and what materials we needed like usual.

After school, I met up with Isaac and Kathy. We had left to the mall to buy the missing supplies we hadn't gotten ready.

"You know Kathy is a musician like you Zack." Isaac muttered Ito my ear.

"Oh really? What does she play?" I asked.

"The piano." She answered.

"After seeing a piano recital. I decided to pick up on the piano and my parents agreed."

Oh right. My parents...