The Beginning

I wake covered in sweat, my body trembling and my mind racing. Was it a dream? Or was it a part of my twisted reality? Slowly i try to calm myself but to no avail. The sweat seems to stick to my hands like syrup not wanting to let go.. The smell of iron fills the air and forces its way down my nostrils into my lungs. Its so strong that it seems to choke me. I close my eyes and slowly open them. I stare down at my hands which are clearly visible now.

I can not believe what i see. The crimson red colour of blood dripping from my hands onto the bed covers.. It explains the choking iron smell that fills the air. At first it seems like it is not my own blood but then i start to feel the veins pumping out the blood. Like an alien under my skin it crawls towards the wounds inflicted on my arms. I feel each movement with each breath inhaled and exhaled. Confused i just stare while balling my fists open then closed..

Why? And where do they wounds come from. Odly enough i do not feel the pain nor the life draining from my body. Why?... i softly sigh while shaking my head. In an instant the room is as black as night again. In front of me i see two beastly eyes glowing fiery red. I see snow white razor sharp fangs just below them..

I can not move for some reason. My body as heavy as a crate filled with rocks. The monstrous eyes slowly creeps towards me..i can hear its growling breath getting closer and closer. Once again i smell the bloody iron in the room. Still not being able to move a fear starts to grip me like never before.

The beast is so close now that i can feel its hot breath on my face and its drool starts to drip onto my arms as it nears. In a last desperate act i finally free my arms and fling them towards the beast...

"What do you want?!!!!"

Those are the only words i get out of my mouth before an evil and dark laugh fills the room and rings in my ears.. The beast seems to mock me and where i should be fearfull i become enraged. I try to break free but before i can think or do anything the beast starts speaking in a very deep voice..

"I want you my dear friend. I have always wanted you and tonight i will succeed in taking you."

"What worth am i to you beast!?"

The beast laughs at me and slightly moves back and it seems that it is smiling at me..

The next moment it rushes towards me and halts just infront of my face.
I can just faintly start to make out the beasts face. Fear and confusion grips me even more as the face starts to take shape in my mind. Its not possible but there it is right in front of me. It is myself.

The beast laughs one last time and starts speaking once again. Replying to my question of worth with one word.  Death is the smell on its breath...

"Everything."

To be continued....