Happy Beginnings..... Sorta

Jade's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and to the smell of food. I rolled over and grabbed my phone without looking at who was calling.

"Hello," I said in a sleepy tone.

"Happy fucking birthday honey," my best friend yelled in the phone.

"Bryson do you have to be so loud. It's like nine in the morning" I groaned.

"Actually it's more like 11:00, but I just wanted to say happy birthday and I love you. I'll chat with you later, I'm on my way to the studio" he said before hanging up the phone.

"Love you too, bye" I hung up the phone and put my head under my pillow. Even though it was my birthday and I was turning twenty-six and everything, all I wanted to do was sleep all day. In my mind I was getting old and I needed my rest. I didn't plan anything for my birthday like I normally do, mostly because I didn't want to do anything. All the partying and drinking all night was overrated to me, which was how I knew I was getting old.

After five minutes, I decided to get up and go brush my teeth to go see what my boyfriend was cooking. Once I got downstairs I stopped and stood in the kitchen and stared at him as he cooked what looked like chicken and waffles, which is my favorite breakfast food. After watching him, I went up behind him and hugged him.

"Good morning babe and happy birthday" he said without breaking his focus.

"Good morning and thank you" I said as I kissed his back, "Did you cook all of this for me?" I asked as I walked around to sit across from him.

"Nah, I felt like eating for two today" he smirked

I mocked him and laughed, "Well thank you baby I appreciate. As soon as I eat, I'm going back to bed" 

"Back to bed?" he questioned, "I hate to burst your bubble baby, but I planned some stuff out for you to do" he said as he placed my plate of food in front of me.

"But Marcus, I told you I didn't want to do anything today except sleep and relax" I said growing an attitude.

"I know but it'll all be worth it in the end I promise" he said kissing me on the forehead, "Now eat."

I rolled my eyes and began eating. I just wanted one day of relaxation and of course that didn't happen. He better be lucky this food is good or I would be pissed right now.

Bryson's P.O.V

"Yo, let's take 5. I want to clean this lyrics up" I told my producer before I walked out the booth. I've been working on some new music and although it was a vibe and it wasn't hitting enough for me, plus I had been working on a song for my best friend, but I was kind of hesitant to record it. Even though she was my best friend, I had feelings for her. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to have feelings for her. She was happily in a relationship and I didn't want to ruin that for her, but she's been my ride or die for a long ass time.

As I was fixing one of my songs, my best walked in loud as hell.

"Yo, what's up bro" he said dapping me up.

"Shit trying to fix this damn song." I shook my head.

"It's about Jade isn't it" he asked, "Bro, I really think you should just tell her how you feel. Y'all have been friends long enough where I think she would understand how you feel.

"You do realize that she's in a whole relationship, right?" I asked him raising my eyebrow, "I would dare ruin that for her. What makes her happy, makes me happy"

"I guess, and I assume you're going to her surprise birthday dinner tonight" he asked 

"Of course. Her boyfriend asked Lex to take some pictures and you know I'm not going to miss Lex taking some bomb ass pictures" I laughed.