0.1

E M I L Y

-'Run Emily! Run!' My parents yell to me standing nearby, watching in shock as policemen slowly approach me. I do as told and bolt down the street, the police following. I run as fast as my legs can carry me and hide in a bush. They run past me and i try to catch my breath occasionally peaking to make sure i'm in the clear. I sneak out of the bush and run to an alley nearby my house but only to find my parents being hauled away in a police car. My powers start to act up as i glow my blue light and the weather begins to downpour. I cry as i watch them slowly disappear in the distance. Leaving me alone, cold and afraid. I run out after them and--

      My curtains are suddenly flown open sending the bright morning sunlight directly in my face. Ms. Lia's scratchy voice then bitterly shouts at me "Emily wake your ass up, some unfourtunate guy decided he wanted to adopt you. Pack your shit, he'll be here in about an hour." I groan as she stomps out of my room and slams my door shut. 'A guy? Wants to adopt me?! Really?! After these 5 torturous years I'm getting another shot at a forever home! I need to stay silent about my powers. Don't show them to him. Not yet.'
     I roll out of bed and trudge to my closet, picking out a nice outfit. A grey t-shirt and leggings with my high heeled boots. I straighten my hair and quicken do light makeup. Throwing my glasses on and smiling at myself. 'I can do this' i say to myself then begin packing my bags, ready to leave this hell hole. About 45 minutes have passed when I hear Ms. Lia's aweful yells telling me he's here. She really needs to lay off the cigars, god. I grab my suitcases and smile leaving my room and closing my door. I begin my trek down the old gross stairs keeping my view down. 'Maybe he's gonna be a old humble man. Or maybe a youngish dad with another kid.' I glance up and see a man with green hair and a big smile plastured on his face.

S E A N (aka JackSepticEye)

Me and Wiishu are laying across the couch watching Rick and Morty when all of a sudden Wiishu sits up and squeaks "Hun I think we should adopt a kid!" I choke on my spit and look at her confused. "Why do ya say that all of a sudden?" She giggled at my choking, typical, and shrugged. "Well ya know i can't have any of my own. And we're old enough and in a good apartment now that has an extra room. Why not? I'm not saying like a young baby. Maybe a teen? Like 12-15?" I process her words through my mind and nod in agreement, smiling as i sit up. "That's a good idea! Let's contact that one like 20 minutes away and see who they got!"
      I jump up and run to get my phone and start dialling the number to The House of the Lost. A lady answer me with a scratchy voice. "Hello Home of the Lost Orphanage how may i help you?" I scrunch my nose at the terrible sound and as she's talking i pull up their website showing a bunch of teens and a description of them. "Um yeah i was wondering if i can adopt a teen girl? Maybe 15-16?" I begin scanning a page of girls with Wiishu as the lady begins telling rules to me. Something 'bout how she's always glad to get a brat outta the place. Sounds like a rude lady. Wiishu all of a sudden starts smiling and jumping alittle while pointing at a girl named Emily Stone. I nod and smile to myself "Can we adopt Emily Stone please?" I hear the lady scoff and laugh then clear her throat. "Are you sure sir? There are many better and prettier girls here." I furrow my eyebrows at how rude she is. "Yes. We are sure. I would like to adopt Emily Stone. We will be there in about an hour. Goodbye and thank you." I hang up the phone and smile to Wiishu. "Let's go pick up our new daughter." I smile and grab her hand in mine as we put on our shoes and i grab the keys.
      30 minutes later plus a stop at McDonald's later we arrive infront of a beaten up worn down orphanage. Me and Wiishu get out and tread up the old broken staircase and knock on the big metal doors. A girl opens it and then runs away to her group again. I grab Wiishu's hand in mine and step in the grand entrance, a scrawny woman smoking a cigar approaches us. "Ah you must be here for Emilia Stone" she speaks with smoke emerging with every word. I cough a bit and nod "Emily, yes." She gives me a hmph and motions for us to follow while she gets the paperwork and calls Emily down. "Emilia get down here! He's here! Hurty up now!" She yells up the staircase and i watch as a young teen slowly decends the stairs with her head down.

(A/N: HIE! Okay, so, this is my first book I am offically writing so please gimme any pointers or ideas and I may add some in

(A/N: HIE! Okay, so, this is my first book I am offically writing so please gimme any pointers or ideas and I may add some in. S/O to my bff for being the beautiful face for Emily! 💚Word count: 941 woo! Haha)