カタオモイ

カタオモイ

Kataomoi

One-sided Love

"Just like a fallen snow in the midst of midsummer.

That's merely an ephemeral miracle."

The breeze of the night was blowing. He kept running in fear while looking back at the figure that was catching up to him. He was panting, the sound of his heartbeat was caught by his eardrums. It was a dark and cold alley, the light only came from the crowded street and though it was noisy there, his own breath as well as the footsteps behind him echoed in his ears. He saw many people throng with their yukatas in one direction, they were laughing and smiling happily so contrary to his condition. But the boy didn't care – he had understood long before, his world rotated on its own axis; completely different with other people. He kicked a dustbin near him and it bumped the person behind him, slowing him down. He could hear him cursing before running toward him again. His step met with other people's steps who were passing by but the other parties only took a glimpse of him before walking away as they didn't want to meddle in someone's business. The boy also didn't want to ask for help either – he didn't believe in the word humanity because he knew how many times he screamed until his voice cracked or even lost, no one would help him anyway. He couldn't bear to run anymore, the wound in his right barefoot opened wider than before, and the blood left a trace on the ground. He was badly hurt and his body was covered by scab and bruise. Damn, a dead end. The boy gasped, he ran out of breath and he had nowhere to go.

"You son of a bitch! How dare you run away from me!" the figure of a man holding a stick made of steel was coming closer. He gripped his fists as he was ready to fight though he knew his chance to win was like zero percentage.

"If you apologize now, I will forget what happened today." The boy gritted his teeth. He didn't want to be imprisoned again, he didn't want to live by offering his body around. He was nauseated to get money by giving his ass to those flirty old men or to do a blow job for everyone who asked. He was tired to be sold by his own father. He wanted to be free, to live in a normal way.

"Like hell, I will!" the angry face was shown clearly on the older man's face. He raised the stick and swung it in the boy's direction, but he dodged it then he used that chance to kick his abdomen. The older man groaned and the boy was trying to run in the opposite direction but it was too late. His collar was gripped as he struggled a lot, but it was useless.

"I should have never allowed you to wander around during noon you bastard! There's nothing good coming from you except your body! You should be glad with your father, I have been taking care of you until now!" the man who addressed him as his father was strangling his neck, then he threw his body away and it hit the wall. He smirked as he felt pain sting his body. The father strangled his neck again, this time was tighter than before. He was suffocating.

"So, it is true! If the mother is a slut, the kid will be a slut as well!" the boy glanced fiercely. He spat in his face. It was true, his mother was a famous prostitute in the red-light district. She was sold by her parents since a young age. She had a good personality and everyone liked her, her only wish was to have a normal life like the others. So, she was happy when his father ransomed her from the brothel. She thought, she would have a normal life like what she had imagined. But his father was a bastard who liked gambling and playing around, he was only after her beauty and in the end he also sold her to make more money to pay his loans. They – both he and his mother were battered by his father, but his mother always protected him. She was nice to him and she loved him so much. But in the end, her kindness also had a limit, she chose to hang herself three years ago, when he was only seven years old. After that, he was sold by his father as a substitute for the dead wife, but the boy never blamed his mother's death because he knew that day would definitely come. He knew that his life was a misery so he chose to shut his heart, to sink it into the deepest despair, to never wish nor hope for any happiness so he wouldn't be upset with the truth that came. He only wanted to have a normal life – nothing else.