HANGING OUT WITH THE BARMAN

"So you're really not coming?" Enyram asked again and I rolled my eyes.

"How many times do I have to say no?"

“And how many times do I have to beg?” she whined and pouted at me. “Honey boo friend, please”

"No I'm not falling for that" I groaned and closed my eyes at the puppy dog face he made at me. I jumped up and down towards the bedroom. "Cut it out!"

"I can't believe you are sulking over that guy"

"No I'm not"

"Of course you're. You didn't even love him"

"I did" I defended myself.

Enyram shook her head. "It was just an infatuation after you felt smitten when he asked you out"

I sighed and shrugged. "So maybe I did but I liked him, he made me feel...safe...if you know what I mean" I rolled on the bed and cuddled my pillow to emphasis. "See?"

"Naa if you want a boxer to make you feel super safe, you'll get some at this bashing party" I almost laughed at Enyram's serious face. She was trying-really trying that I go to this party with her but what she didn't get was that I was just not in the mood; for a party or...to risk the possibility of meeting Djensi. What would I do when I see him with another girl? I was aware of Enyram looking at me on tenterhooks. I waved at her dismiss sally.

"Take my red dress if you want. You could win a prince tonight" I smiled at her making a peace offering.

"You are the one who needs a prince to save you from this sulking dungeon not me Rapunzel" she muttered grudgingly.

"You've been watching a lot of fairytale crap, haven't you?" I said. "But I'll tell you one thing, this is a room not a dungeon and my hair is not that long as Rapunzel"

"Whatever" she open my wardrobe and took out my red dress. "You're so boring nowadays. You wake up in the morning and you and sit by the window almost all day as if you're waiting for Djensi to serenade you.  Come on, get a grip. That bloke is not worth a thing." She got down on her knees to search under the bed for her heels.

"Oh you sure can rant" I smirked.

"Lend me your necklace, will you?"

"Sure, is in the drawer" I said to her and she took it out. Looping it around her neck she stood in front of the full length mirror. "You look gorgeous"

"Thanks love" she ran her fingers down her hips and turned to look at me. "So you are not coming at all, Naa?"

I groaned and buried my head under the pillow. "I really can't stand you"

"You don't have to stand me, just understand me"

"Will you leave already" My voice muffled under the pillow but I could imagine her shrugging and moving away. The door opened and shut. I sat up. "Have a nice evening"

"I'm not talking to you sulky gal" she said against the door and I laughed.

I quickly had a bath then wore my pajamas to go to bed. I took the Naughty Girls Guide book Enyram gave me insisting that I read on a particular topic about sulking and started flipping through. I glanced through it and closed it finding myself not really concentrating at all. The Million Pound Girl music by Fuse ODG from the Abikay's club was distracting. It was one of the biggest clubs around and I used to visit it with Djensi during the weekends but now I don't know if I'm avoiding the place. I got out of bed and sat by the window wrapping my blanket tightly around me.

The Ash town street looks interesting at night. Almost lively as day with people either selling foods or people standing in queue to buy food. There were also the expensive looking restaurant and bars which the well to do could afford. The neon sign boards flicking all shades of colors and illuminating the people's face.