°Chapter One°

Warning! This story will contain graphic content, ranging from strong language to scenes of explicit violence. You have been warned.

"What's one thousand minus seven?" How familiar those words were, those words that promised malicious intent. A foot twisted, jabbing into the back of a large man trapped beneath a small boy. He looked to be in his teens, his stature was small and fragile, but he radiated power.

Crack!

The man screamed as his spine gave away, twisting into a deformed mass of bone now rendered useless.

"What's one thousand minus seven?" Those same words were repeated once more, large pulsing tentacle like limbs buried themselves deeper into the mans limbs.

"F-fuck you..." He ground out, his voice strangled by barely contained sobs. The boy frowned disapprovingly, his tugging downward slightly as he cocked his head to the side.

He leaned forward, his hands sliding over the mans face before stopping just in front of the mans eyelids which were tightly screwed shut. He allowed his fingertips to gently caress the mans eyelids, feeling the body beneath him tense up even further. All former gentleness dissappeared leaving raw bloodlust as he ever so suddenly pried the mans eyes open.

He repositioned himself so that he was sitting on the man shoulders, his weight causing his scalpula begin to cut upwards out of the protective layer of muscle tissue and skin, the white bone just barely peaking out of the mans back.

The movement was so quick, a loud, sickening squelch, oh, Oculomotor nerve.

He tipped his head backwards, grasping the the stolen organ above his mouth, letting it swing above him, before releasing it from his grip and allowing it to fall into his jaws. He bit down on the eye, feeling it burst as he put excessive pressure on it.

He nearly vomitted. It was revolting, but he felt his energy slowly but surely begin to return. He grinned softly.

"I'll ask once more, what's one thousand minus seven?" The boy hissed, his hand shooting outward to grasp at the mans bleach blond hair, grabbing a fistful of it and tugging his head backwards.

"993... 986..." He sobbed, tear tracks dyed crimson trailed down his cheeks, mixing with mucus as he counted.

The sound of stone crumbling snagged the boy from his disgust induced trance. The crumbling sound was soon followed by the sound of metal creaking. It didn't take long for him to pin point the cause. His eyes snagged on a large, gaping hole in the concrete that fed into a thick darkness that could be easily compared to molasses.

Tentacle like organisms flung themselves out of the dark pit, dancing tauntingly in front of him, the light from the room highlighting each of the scales. They jutted forward, wrapping around his limbs, and with them, a thick, searing pain followed biting at his very soul.

And it all faded to darkness.

How very cruel a fate this half ghoul was condemn too.

....

°Two Months Later°

Ken worked efficiently behind the counter, quickly counting each cent, answering each client with a chaste smile, and marking down what they desired. But the smile had never once met his eyes. None of the customers, or even any of his co-workers had taken notice of this.

He found it growing ever more difficult to keep up the facade, as the chilling, biting loneliness kept nipping at his chest. But he hid it. He hid the fact that he worried for his friends at Anteiku, he worried about Hide, Yoshimura, and Banjou and the others. He worried and longed to see them with every fiber of his being.