Prologue

The cold wind rushes onto the still lake. The waves are thrown to shore and bang against the rocks, causing a loud clap. Following the bang, a flurry of feathers fly past all the tossing trees. He lands on the water and seems to become more translucent until he simply turns into water himself. The surge of water travels deep into the torrential waters until he reaches a huge bubble. Inside the bubble it is completely still except for the school of trout passing through. The surge of water vanishes and is replaced with an elegant horse-like creature covered in seaweed. Black eyes shine like coal and the black coat looks like a hole in space.
"Aedan, I must talk to you." The creature growls with caution.
"Then come here," replied a voice somewhere in the seaweed. From the seaweed came another horse, grey this time.
"What is it?" Questioned Aedan.
"I traveled to the Northern Lakes and talked to some of the other kelpies. I found out..." He sighed. "She is coming."

Hey guys! I really hope you liked the prologue​ as much as I enjoyed writing it and I hope you read the rest of it. It is based on Scottish legend and folklore. Thanks for all the support and read my other story, Changes if you want!
-hiyathere121 xxxxxx