The dagger

A young girl was in her house when she heard her parents fighting about a little girl around her age. They said they were looking for her. When her parents saw that she was eavesdropping they told her to go away or else she is grounded. So she took her dog and her dogs favorite ball outside to go play. She was playing fetch with her dog but she threw it to far. She threw it in the dark forest next to her house. Her dog ran after it so she ran after her dog. When she finally caught up to her dog she saw her dogs ball sink into the pound. When she looked into the pond she saw the ball so she grabbed it. And when she gave the ball back to her dog she got up and started running to the house because it was getting late. When she was running back she tripped and fell she got up and looked what she tripped on and grabbed it. When she saw it clearly she dropped it and ran to the house faster than before while she was running she saw a man's face but she couldn't see it clearly because she was running. When she and her dog got  in the house she locked the door. Her parents looked at her with fear in their eyes there was blood on her hands and it wasn't hers. Her parents asked what happened and she told them what happened and that she found dagger with blood on it. Her parents told her to calm down and they will go see if they can find the dagger. As soon as they left she looked out the window and saw her mom and dad go into the forest. In the trees she also saw the same man that she saw when she found the dagger. She was terrified but the man went away. A couple hours later she was getting scared her parents haven't gotten back yet. So she went down stairs and while she was locking all the doors she saw her mother running to the house. When she got in her mother locked the door. She was curious so she asked her mother where was father and why did she lock the door if father was not in yet. Her mother looked at her as if someone had died. Then it hit her, her father is not here because he is dead. Her mother said yes her father died but the person that killed him is coming after her. She asked her mother so many questions about why would someone want her? Why would they kill her father? She saw the same man she saw earlier coming to the door he had blood on him her mother went and opened the door then locked it when he got in. She asked her  mother who was this man? Why did you let him in and why did he have blood on him. Her mother said there was no time for an explanation they had to move so they put most of their clothes  in a bag and put some food in a cooler. After they got everything they left in a hurry and went to the big tree in the front of there house and the man pulled a branch on it. It opened to stairs going down in the tree.