Hybrids (Haikyuu)

I'm a sucker for Haikyuu and probably always will be. This is the first time I've successfully tried to write the beginning of one of these fanfictions so I'm understandably nervous. Please tell me what you think because I don't know what to think. Imo, it's a bit dialogue heavy and I don't know if it's detailed enough? But you know, I'll never know if I don't try? I have like, two pages of just straight up information on this AU I've created and it's kind of a mess. Without further ado, around 1600 words of something I'm working on. 

Kuroo Tetsurou was not ready for this.

In fact, he wasn't ready for a lot of things, but this especially. He'd heard stories, of course, of how hybrids had been disappearing without a trace. He had always thought those were horror stories that parents told to keep their hybrid children in check. The stories had stopped for at least five years now, and he believed that they had become a thing of the past. An old ghost story left to rot in the dust.

He had been proven terribly wrong, of course.

After two years working in the Kanagawa Prefectural Police Department as part of a Special Investigation Team, he learned that the most you did was arresting the occasional drug addict that was a bit too good at hiding. He wasn't expecting anything more than a slow day.

And then, Sergeant Sawamura put a new file on his desk. Kuroo looked up from his computer to stare at his sergeant.

"We have a new case," Sawamura explained.

"Wait, seriously? How bad is it?" Kuroo asked in shock. The Special Investigation Section really only had one use. To investigate special cases. The fact they had a new case did not please Kuroo as much as it should as a detective.

Daichi gave him a strained smile before leaving to deliver the other files to everyone else in the team. Kuroo only let himself be confused for a moment before he reached for the file.

A picture of a small boy, maybe only ten or eleven, stared back at him when he flipped the file open. He skimmed through the description, curious as to what this case might be about.

Tashiro Hidemi, eleven years old, dog hybrid, disappeared last night, time unknown.

Wait. Disappearance? Kuroo read through the file again -which he then noticed was impossibly thin- slowly figuring out why Daichi seemed so tense. The ghost stories that haunted little children's nightmares weren't just that.

He felt the tension in the room shift as everyone finished reading the small file. Kuroo, himself, was tense. Hell, who wouldn't be when they found out that stories of hybrids disappearing were a reality, especially when two vital members and friends were hybrids.

He heard Tsukishima heave out a loud sigh, as though they had already worked on this case for two weeks. Who could blame him? They were about to chase a ghost.

#-#-#-#

Well, who knew Tsukishima would be right? Two weeks in and nothing. Nada. The most that they found was from past disappearances. Only hybrids were taken, no matter what type. Mostly hybrids from the ages of ten to mid-thirties disappeared, but on occasion, a particularly unique hybrid of any age went poof.

Kuroo had visited the Tashiro household personally, just to see if the cops had missed something. Anything, really. And yet, there was nothing. It really was like a ghost just came in and kidnapped the poor kid. Kuroo wasn't one to believe in ghosts, but this case might just change his mind.

"Akaashi-san, please tell me you have at least something from the security cameras," Tsukishima all but begged. It was... unusual for him, to say the least, but Tsuki was getting desperate. Kuroo couldn't blame him in the slightest.