I love you, my beautiful. (One-Shot)

I was shocked when my father came to school to fetch me. I just finished attending my French class. As usual, Mike was there. He already took up French last semester, so he gives me an extra French class right after my French class. We met last month, and I have to admit that he’s really special to me.

 I don’t know why. He’s just special.

 I was staring at him while he arranged his things and stood up. He just finished answering a call. He looked nervous. I see beads of sweat starting to form on his face.

 He smiled at me.

 "I have to go. See you around." He said. Then, he walked away and he didn’t look back.

 "Hey, wait!" I know it’s pointless because he already left, but, whatever.

 I was left here, alone in this empty classroom, until I heard my phone ringing.

 "Dad?" I said as I answered the phone.

 "Where are you? I know your room is empty. I’m coming."

 He hung up.

 I don’t know what to feel. I know my father is up to something unpleasant. He’s been looking for the family of the man that killed my mother 5 years ago. He didn’t found him—he’s already dead. But I know he found the son of that man. Who is he? Even though I don’t know him, I hate him for he is the father of my late mother’s murderer.

 My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door creaking. It’s my father, he has armed bodyguards walking beside him..

 And a blindfolded man.. With the same shirt as Mike.

 They dragged him into the room and pushed him to the other side violently. What? Why? “M-Mike? Is that you?”

 "Ria?"

 "So you two know each other? Ha-ha-ha. Ria, dear, don’t you know that that guy is the son of your mother’s murderer?"

Son of your mother’s murderer…

What? How? Why?

 I can’t believe it. The truth. Is it the truth? It’s hard for me to handle.

 His blindfold was removed by an armed man accompanying my father. He was looking down, not willing to look at me. Not willing to answer the questions I need to ask him.

 I took a deep breath. Suddenly, it became harder to breathe.

 The words flew out of my mouth at last. “Mike, is it true?”

 I could have heard a pin drop.

 He looked at me at last.

 "I don’t know my father did it, but I’m sorry. If I have to pay the price, I will." I can see the sadness on his eyes even though he is smiling at me.

 I’m speechless.

 I started crying silently. Why does it have to be you, Mike? Why does it have to be this way? Now that I’m seeing you as someone special to me. Now that I’m starting to feel this way for you.