Second Chance

August 25, 1817

"Pick up the pace Y/n we haven't got all day!" Camila spoke in a rushed tone as she tossed a majority of her clothes and personal items into her beaten up bag. "My love, please hurry my father mustn't see us" She spoke in a softer tone, I gave her a small grin before packing up the remainder of my clothes, we both finished up and I took both bags out to the yard so I could attach them to the horse.

I made my way back inside to see Camila slipping on her shoes, she quickly stood up from the cot and walked over to me, grabbing my hand and quickly rushing me out the door once more.

"When is your father due back?" I asked as she climbed on the horse.

"Soon so we must be on our way Y/n, he'll kill you if he sees you" She said as she waved me on, I let out a content sigh and I pulled myself up on the horse, behind Camila.

We took off fast down the dirt path way the lead up to the Cabello family house, but we were quickly stopped when the slight of dust flying in the air could be seen from further down the dirt path, meaning Camila's father had returned.

"Hold on to me Y/n, we've gotta go into the woods" Camila said, panic lacing her voice.

I quickly held onto Camila's waist as she lead the horse off the dirt path and into the wooded area to the left of us, we slowed down as we had to weave through the trees, in the distance you could see the dirt cloud approaching fast, the pounding of the horses hooves could be heard more clearly, he knew we were here.

Camila tried to get our horse to go faster but it couldn't due to the amount of trees and tight squeezes it had to manage through.

I buried my face into the back of Camila's neck knowing that this was over and he was going to reach us, Camila brought one of her hands around mine and slowly let out a quiet whimper as she tried to hold in her cries, she knew what was to happen as well.

Before we knew it Camila's father was right behind us, he was yelling at us with slurred words, he pulled us right beside us so he could get a hold of the back of my shirt thus pulling me back causing me to fall back and land on the ground.

Camila quickly halted the horse and jumped off, coming to my aid while her father clumsily got off of his with a half empty bottle of alcohol in his hands.

He had a wicked grin on his face as he stumbled towards us.

"I toldd ya to stay away didn't I?" He slurred as he stood in front of us, taking a swig from his bottle.

"Father please leave us be" Camila pleaded as the tears streamed down her face, she cradled me in her arms since I was still in pain from being thrown off the horse.

"You 'member what I said, yeah?" Camila's father, Alejandro spoke as he threw the glass bottle against a tree causing it to shatter.

"Please let us go, you'll never have to see us again I swear!" Camila said in a desperate tone.

"Ain't no spawn of mine gonna be involved in this life style" Alejandro slowly slurred as he reached for his pocket, pulling out his pistol. A smirk took over his features as he raised the pistol and aimed it right at my heart, my heart rate picked up in panic as I realized that this was my final moment.

"Camila, please go you don't need to see this" I pleaded but she shook her head and held onto me tighter.

"Go on kid, I should off ya too but your mother needs you" Alejandro barked as he brought the gun closer to me.

"I'm not leaving you Y/n" Camila said as the steady stream of tears seemed to never end.

"You know what, I don't give a care about what your mother needs I'll just get rid of ya both" Alejandro said with as he cocked his gun, aiming it right on my heart once more with his finger hovering over this trigger.