Stick to the Shadows

It was supposed to be an easy mission, in and out. When Mageic told me my instruction, I'll admit, I was nervous. Going into enemy base, wire explosions, and get out before the whole thing goes sky high was never as easy as it sounded. I had plenty of these before some bigger than this. That didn't stop everything from going wrong.

Up in the helicopter, I checked my bag and instructions one last time. Sneak into the Maolbester's base, wire the explosion in the basement. Set timer to 5 minutes. Get out. Mageic had a knack for making these things not communicated. On the back of paper was an explanation on how to set up the bomb. The chopper stop going forward, and I knew it was time.

Getting up I checked my gear one last time out of nerves. The pilot looked over his shoulder, our eyes met. We were doing this for the cause. I nod, slightly and test my flight suit. The door to the helicopter opened and the air rushed in. The sound of the chopper's blades cutting through the air excited me. Nothing like a 10,000 feet freefall to make you feel alive.

Tightening my backpack, I jumped. I feel a few hundred yards before putting out my arms. The wind caught the wind throwing me up a few feet before I started to glide. For the safety of our pilots, we were dropped a few hundred feet away from the base. The small freedom I felt in the air disappearing as I angled to the rooftop. As always, I thought about how easy it would be for me to leave. I quick flip of my wrist and I would be free. Free from it all. I shook my head, that was a foolish thought. If I showed any kind of destination or leaving, the copper would strike me down. Not a pretty sight for the locals below.

A few minutes of gilding and I finally saw my landing pad. The roof of the building. It was supposedly smooth from the pictures I got. An easy landing. I flipped around in the air so I had the majority of the roof in front of me. I hit the roof harder than I like, curling into a barrel roll to soften the impact.

I looked over at the roof, almost no sign that a human crashed on it. Rolling up my sleeve I looked down at the metal watch on my wrist. It blinked red a few times before turning green. Losey security, first camera and alarm are inside the building, no wonder they said it would be an easy mission. They was no way to get off the roof, which annoyed me, I'd have to make a scene. Lifting my hand again I started to go through my watch. A quick scan and I soon knew the roof was steel all the way through. I swore under my breath, no way I'm getting through that without anyone noticing.

I got to the edge of the room and looked down, no windows. I can't break in from the outside. Odd they must have some underground network to get into the building if the whole thing is steel all the way through, now I need a way down. Jumping off the roof wasn't my greatest idea. Landing on a rocky ground in the covered my mountains was and will never be on my bucket list. Ground is solid rock. Gotta hand it to these people, they did their research.

Another scan with my watch and I learned there were no tunnels anywhere on the premier. Grumbling at how long it took for me to get into the stronghold, I turned. The Maolbester's were known for their cunning. Still, I was determined to be better then these idiots. The only thing I could think of was scanning everything with my watch. Scanning over the building I got a very stadsifly beep. The small screen said that a hologram hiding an entrance panel was nearby.

After a bit of searching, I found it.

It was asking for a password I had no idea what it was. Time to hack. I had my fair share of breaking into the government's security systems so I had a good grip on what I was doing. Five minutes later, I was in. The door shimmered into existence. I let myself be impressed, these people were smart. Maybe I'll nab some blueprints if I had time to bring back to the organization.

Once I walked through the door to closed quietly behind me, nice tough. Time for the fun to begin. Forcesing, I felt myself begin to shrink. I lost my impressive height and shank down so I was waist high from what I used to be. The metal was shiny enough that I could see my reflection. My black leopard form was quite small but impressive. Around four feet long with including my tail which I curled up next to my side. My golden eyes gleamed back excitedly as my enhanced hearing detected anything nearby. Nothing, just wind. A small scurry of people up above but in the basement, so far there was nothing.