Why you?

Why did it have to be you? You of all people. With your bright crooked smile and emerald green eyes. I thought I knew who you were. You were that guy who put your arm around every girl and no one could judge you.

                  You were the guy who saw right through my act. No one ever even thought that I was acting, but you did and you helped me stop. I wish you didnt. I wish you didnt open my heart up with your lips. Your words cut deep inside me, deeper than my own knife. Your eyes still borr into me, awake or not, and rip me apart like a war ship shredding through a small wooden boat. Now im abandoned at sea. Looking for an island of comfort from another,  someone who may or may not exist in this life time. The sea of this system swallows me whole and then spits me out, over and over again, like waves crashing in on themselves. 

                Every time I see you, I remember all the good times we had together;  but my mind now has to force the one hurtful memory that change the rest of them.

                    ~Flash back~

"I don't understand why you hate me so much. I never cheated on you, I never attached to you, I mean I let you have your space. Ok I know I was depressed like half the time we were together but you can't blame me for that, I AM HUMAN!  Its only normal for people, especially teenagers, to get depressed."

                I finally look up at Darek with tears running down my face even though I'm more furious than sad at the moment. He barely moved but he was calm until I said,

               "I love you, I only want whats best for you. I want you happy. I thought you were happy being with me. You smiled and laughed while making me smile and laugh. The light touched your eyes. Nothing seemed forced. I did my best. I just dont understand why this happened. Why did it have to end up like this. Can you answer that for me?"

                 Anger took up in his face. He looked straight into my eyes with rage, discuss, and something else that I cant describe.

               "Evangline, listen closely; I never loved you. You are nothing to me. I just wanted to know what dating was like, and use you for sex. I got what I want and now I am done with you."

                  It took everything in my power not to punch him, knock him down and kick him, hard, not caring if he dies. "How could you! How could you lie to me like that! I gave you everything."

                  That last part comes out in a whisper with my throat closing and tears burning down my checks.

                  "Easy, its called acting."

                   At that he turns and leaves me in the middle of the hall not knowing where to go. 

◇•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••◇

                   My name is Evangline Woods. I'm 17 years old. And I fell in love with a creep. Not just any creep, but the creep.

                   All the girls at the school would shiver out of pure disgust when he was around. He didnt seem as bad as everyone made him out be. He was quite, and good natured when he wasn't creeping someone out. I got used to it.

His arms were strong when they wrapped around my shoulders. He made me feel safe, he made me feel wanted, needed. But it was all a joke. I'm a clichè fool, and this is my story.