Epilogue

Shifting is hard. Sometimes the choices you make for the future of your children are difficult. I knew the only reason my parents decided to shift to Bangalore was so that me and my elder sister could get away from the daily drama of a joint family and the regular stress it caused.

 If you are an Indian, you might understand how having two daughters could have been a means for regular taunts for my mother. Adding to that with the rise in number of crimes in Noida, living in a row house without the comfort of having security guards and protection was not in-line with what my parents had in mind for the growth of their daughters. 

The last straw was in the April of 2010, when my parents were sitting in the family room with my grandparents and the topic moved to selling of our house. With good heart, my mom said that we should keep the house, as it will always be our home, to this my grandmother replied that it wasn't as if my mother earned, so she shouldn't have a say in such matters. Don't get me wrong, my grandparents are not bad people, they are just not very nice. Either ways, it took not more than a month before we shifted keeping in mind that sometimes the only way you can keep loving your family is when you are away from them. 

I had lived in Bangalore before for about an year, so for me it was like going back to a vaguely familiar place. Yet, this didn't make the whole shifting process easier. And for the record, the worst thing about shifting isn't the actual act, it is the anticipation and the dreams about how your entrance will be at the new place and the new school.