Problematic potions

(Marauders era)

One month into their seventh year and James Potter had already gone on two dates with Lily Evans. Sirius found himself constantly nudging James to pay attention to the potion they were making, it half irritated and half amused Sirius. 

"Padfoot, do you know what you'll smell in the Amoretia" James questioned while stirring in the billiywig ears.

"Honestly Prongs, I have no idea, but if we make it right we'll find out," Sirius replied 

They continued their discussion on random smells and abruptly started one about werewolves on the moon. Thier conversation interested Remus, as he whirled around from in front of them, still holding the diced up huckleberry root in his cupped hands. Then everything seemed to move in slow motion - James tried to steal a glance at Lily, causing him to add way too much armadillo bile. Sirius noticed this, and his hand moved to stop him knocking over Remus's hands causing the huckleberry root to fall in then..... BOOM. almost the whole class was covered with their potion. After a few moments of silence, professor Slughorn cleared the class and administered some antidotes with a few waves of his wand. All of them were dismissed but not before three of the marauders got detention.

Later that evening at detention.

"This was DEFINITELY not my fault. Prongs, Padfoot you're too blame."

"Hey, if Prongs hadn't been staring at Lily so much, we wouldn't be dusting and re-shelving all these potions right now, without magic!"

"It was your hand that knocked Remus's."

"Potter, Lupin, Black stop playing the blame game. I am going to need to head out for ten minutes, hold on...Miss Evans, if you would please supervise them I am going to need  to head out, "

"Of course, professor."

"Lillllllly,"

"James just because I'm your girlfriend doesn't mean I'm goi- .. James you can't just take your wands from the desk!"

"Lily we can't use magic to do our detention doesn't mean we can't take our wands, right Moony, Prongs" Sirius reasoned with a mischievous smirk on his face. Lily sighed in exasperation.

"How you manage to find loopholes all the time I will never know," she mumbled more to herself. James let out a chuckle while placing a shimmery potion on the highest shelf, the cork was loose and some of the potion fell on James' head, the other three rolled around in laughter at the look on the Gryffindors face. his shocked expression quickly morphing into an evil one as he threw an almost equal amount on the other three. After the marauder saw the look on Lily's face he hastily cried out apologies,

" I'm sorry Lils, now, now don't do anything rash," he stepped back as Lily pulled out her wand, the other two joined him.

"YOU IDIOT, WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THAT POTION WAS DANGEROUS!" Lily screamed before sending a curse at him. He dodged, but what the redhead didn't notice as she lunged at him was it hit a murky green potion bottle, and all four of them were in the line of fire as it exploded. They covered their faces, as glass and the potion rained down on them.

All of them screamed as colors swirled around them and everything went black.