new york

janes pov.
dear diary,
it basically all started when we went to new york during spring break with our families. it was so cold out but dede and i refused to wear anything over our light weight not-fit-for-new-york kinda jackets.
that. that was the moment that i knew i had lov

"jane?" mom walked in.
"ugh mom i told you to nock!"
"sorry sweetheart. wasnt dede going to come over today?"
"yeah. but she had to go to softball. she said she would come over after."
"okay well me and dad are gonna go grab something to eat. okay?"
"okay bye."
i was so worried she was gonna try to look over into my diary. she always tries to read it. but i always have it with me so she cant.
i closed my diary without finsihing my sentence and put it in my secret hiding place where no one. absolutely no one knows. of course, other than me.
an hour passed and theres a squeaking door opening.
"hey!" its dede, my best friend since kindergarten, who has it all. literally. shes beautiful, has good grades, is popular, has a boyfriend, and the perfect closet.
"hey deeds!" i yell back. "im upstairs!" i hear her walking up the wooden stairs and march into my room.
"senior year!!" she squeals.
"i didnt think id live to see this day."
it was the last week of summer, we were about to be seniors. we were both so excited but dede was better at showing her emotions. we had had a couple of fights, but she just had this personality that kept us from going our ways. and honestly, i didnt really know what i would do without her.