3 || Run Until You Can't

Y/n spent her time with her new vehicle as much as she could before driving it. She wanted to know how the old radio worked, what easter eggs were inside, the side of the trunk, popping the hood, and getting a feel of what it's like owning a car. She still felt like it was worth a fortune and in her head, she felt that it was strange for a reserved girl like herself to become attached to a car she hadn't pulled out of the driveway yet. Perhaps she received a new sense of responsibility and felt the need to care for it like its her child.

"You and I have a connection." She says petting the dashboard and placing her hands on the wheel. Y/N takes a look at her fixed smartphone and sees the time displayed on the screen. "9:00 PM. There's a party downtown." She told herself, placing her phone back into her pocket. "Let's try you out, Goldie." After saying those last five words, she inserts the keys into the ignition and turns on the roaring engine. It certainly did tickle her spine, all the way up to her neck. "I'm sure Mom and Dad won't mind."

The Camaro's body rolled out of the driveway slowly, soon making its way into the neighborhood street to begin its adventure as an owner's car to a teenage girl. Y/N found an old cassette tape inside the glove compartment and when she popped it into the radio, it was a song she hadn't heard in a long time. Can't Touch This.

A smile curled on her lips. When Y/n caught that famous tune, she danced along with it while cruising toward a public party. A party which will start something brand new...

As she drove through the area, Y/n couldn't help but think of what was going on under the hood and what the wheels looked like along the ground. She felt her car was showing itself off in a very old-fashioned way and this would draw a ton of attention to those who enjoyed older cars such as this.

She was right, though. The view of this stunning yellow Camaro grabbed the eyes of many, causing them to cat-call at the wonderful crisp black stripes down the hood and rear, and the growl of the engine.

So many people were on the sides of the road, lights flickering, dancing, drinking a ton of alcohol, unnecessary choices... it was perfect. Well, it was until Y/N found a face she knew from school. There he is... Avery Stork is socializing with his buddies with his trouble-making girlfriend, Violet Miller at his side. She's half-dressed!

Y/n shook her head, finding a spot on the curb and parking the car at rest for the minority of the evening. "Great. Now, I gotta worry about the high school bully and her boyfriend. Sucks, right?"

Was she talking to the car? Well, she was aiming her eyes at the car's front.

"Whatever." She said stepping out into the warm, night air. Y/n is able to smell the bar a block away, watching street performers entertain civilians, and so much more. This reminded her a little bit of Las Vegas-- the atmosphere, the social interactions, the music, and the consistent, erratic lightning. Holding the keys in her hand tightly, Y/N is ready to book it to the car if she needs to if things get too wild.

The first location of choice for the party she makes is where Avery and Violet are hanging out. She's not going toward the couple to make trouble or talk to them, she's going there because Y/n caught sight of a restaurant where she could eat.

It did get a bit uncomfortable the more she entered thicker crowds. The older men stared at her innocent body, and then spotted by an idiot who didn't know when to stop harassing the innocent. Violet taps Y/n shoulder lightly. The shy girl turned around to face her at the front of the restaurant near dozens of people.

"You came here?" Violet asked with a hideous laugh, thinking it was hilarious to see Y/n at a place like this. Y/n says nothing to entertain the conversation, but she stares at Violet's outfit. "What the hell are you staring at, loser? Jealous of this body? You're never gonna get it." The bully gazed at the wardrobe Y/n wore.

Blue jeans, white Converse, white T-shirt, and a colorful plaid shirt with her hair put up.

Y/n smiled at Violet, mustering up the courage to talk back at her. "Actually no." She answers. "I'm not jealous of anything. I'm here to enjoy myself. Not to get pushed around by some girl who shows off her body to guys and talks like a stuck-up b*tch." She grinned widely.

Some boys oohed and laughed as Violet's jaw dropped to the ground. But Y/n realized she said something that would never come out of her mouth. "Did I just say that...?"

"Excuse me?!" Violet snapped at her.

"You know what, it was a bad idea I came." Y/n nervously laughed and took off from the scene. She hears an aggressive tone from a female and that was the lanky streak of piss that is Violet (I am deceased from what I just wrote! HAHA). Violet was running in her high black heels, black crop top, booty shorts, and one disturbing face full of dark makeup she calls her 'face'. 

"Y/n L/n! You're gonna get your ass whooped by me tonight!" She screamed, very eager to find the girl to teach her a lesson. But it looks like the bully of the high school wasn't going to get what she wanted.

Panting heavily, Y/n sees a street light up ahead. That's where her car is located. She kept running until she noticed something was very different about the parking spot she left the car in. It's literally missing. "What...? Where's my car?!"

"Grab that bitch!" Violet barks amongst the crowd.

Y/N had no other choice but to run. It's only temporary to forget about the car, she needed to focus on getting to a safe spot without being seen. Hide in another crowd, a store, and blend in. Y/N looked back to the terrifying girl with a group of guys following behind her. They were there just to see if a gith would break loose.

"DAMN! Why did I even say those things?!" She whimpered loudly. Maybe she should stay away from parties from now on.

As she, being the victim of the situation... Y/N never noticed she was slowing down during the big chase through a massive party. A hand grabbed her hair, yanking her to the ground, bringing a yelp from her lips. She screamed while shifting her body to face the enemy, doing a full 360, and grabbing a hold of Violet's greasy, head of hair that is clearly a rat's nest. She yelled in pain, too when Y/n fought back.

Y/n lets go of Violet's locks immediately and so does the opponent. The girl who is trying to escape catches a good-sized table outside of another restaurant just ahead of her and thinks of this as a great opportunity. Y/n took the table, yanked it behind her, and tossed it toward Violet to trip on.

She succeeded the second the bully fell over the table, scraping her knees, breaking a nail or two, and twisting her ankle from those heels. "Score!" Y/N cackles, running a bit faster until she reaches a calmer environment.

Violet is gone.

"Wow... " Her lungs catch air. "Lame party anyway... now where's my car?"

"A car?" A male voice said behind her. Y/n couldn't believe it when she saw him in her air space. She saw his thick black hair, his gorgeous brown eyes, his fit figure... It's the one and only, the hottest guy in school. The one that every single girl wants to date.

"Avery Stork?" Y/n says.

****

Grizzy: Yo! It's your author. How is the edited version coming along? Let me know in the comments, please! Rolling out!