A Short Story

One of the shortest stories I've ever experienced was the story of my life ~

I was young and still am as I roam the world that was once colorful and lively. The world that I was born into and taken out of too soon. As I watch my parents and little sister grow older I find myself seeing the world a bit brighter. Tho it is morbid I wish they could join me... Or better yet I could join them. My sister used to just be a baby. A baby. She is now the age I was, tho I can see that her eyes don't sparkle as bright as they used to. I miss my friends, the ones I grew up with, the ones I knew since I became the new kid at a new school. The smell of autumn resonates in my memories. Pumpkins, funny costumes, the smell of apple cider, lots and lots of delicious food. Now I remain watching over my family and loved ones. And him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I laid under the tree with my lovely sister, I hummed silently along to her singing. It was our song, our song we wrote as little kids. I reached out to touch her but she would feel nothing but a shiver go down her arm. I traced her arm with goose bumps and cold. One reason I kept my hands to myself now, I could no longer give anyone a hug and they couldn't return one... Robins chirped and sang as they glided through the air as tho it was butter. The leaves started to fall and turn beautiful colors that reminded me of an orange sunset. With a huff, my sister wiped away a single lonely tear and started to walk toward the house.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put so much pain into everyone even when I've been gone for awhile now. I miss them. Miss life. I wish I could move onto whatever happens after this stage. Or at least find someone else to live in this horrific state with. Being trapped as a ghost for lack of better words.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His voice was a low alto dream. His eyes were the color of my favorite chocolate candy bar. Tho I would never be able to tell him jokes, I could listen to his. He was my family and we planned our lives together, from middle school to death. He was my one and only and now he was lonely and sad. I wished him to be happy tho I knew if he found someone else I wouldn't be able to watch over him anymore. Tho it sounds selfish I don't think I could ever withstand that torture. I wish I could tell him one last time that I loved him. So so much...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The loss of my life was the worst thing I could ever imagine. I wished I had blood pumping through my veins. I want to be able to eat to the point where It's hard to breathe. I want to laugh so hard that tears run down my rosy cheeks. I want to run through the forest with my sister. I want to pet my fluffy cat. I want to hug him. I want to live. I want a life. The life that I lost. 

Hello, Reader, I know this isn't the best story but I tried. It was kind of a vent about how I feel and to keep me going. Telling myself all the great reasons why I should be happy in life. Anywho this is a completed short story so yeah. I don't know how to change the status lol.